Hairloss and where it ends

cody

Hi. I am 19 years old and have been losing my hair for about 2 years now. I am only losing in the frontal third where its getting thinner and thinner. Everywhere else on my head my hair doesn't appear to be getting any thinner at all..

I don't recall anyone in my family becoming a norwood 6. My dad has probably lost 70% of hair all over his head at 51 and on my moms side her dad died with a full head of hair.

So my question is just because I started at such a young age does this mean I am destined for a norwood 6 or 7? Or is there a chance I will only loose the hair at the front and I wont loose the rest for the rest of my life.

Hair loss is generally progressive in nature. However, many different forms of hair loss develop that are unique to each individual. Just look at the Norwood scales for reference. Many people are only affected by frontal/recessive hair loss; some people have loss only in the crown; many of us are unlucky and have loss in all those areas. You are too young to determine if your hair loss will stop in the frontal-third. My advice to you would be to research Finasteride, and see if medication can help slow down your hair loss. All of us react differently to hair loss, but you will likely need to wait 5+ years more to judge where your hair will be headed.