Dr Pekiner or Dr Arika Bansal for FUE for NW4

Vic

Let me preface by informing that I currently wear hair system to cover my crown, mid scalp and front; the hairline is still mine though receding and diffused.

The attached pix were taken today after taking hair system off. As you can see the sides and back are in decent shape. The front, mid and crown hair growth os from last 2 weeks after being fully shaved to put the hair system on. It may give you perception that i am NW6/7; however do bear in mind that these hair are only 2 week old and were under the Swiss Lace hair system.

I have received initial assessment from EUGENIX with their INR 350 per graft package with Dr Arika Bansal where she does majority of work except for transplant or INR 210 package where she only does hairline and incision and rest by the team. TBH, these rates seem pretty exorbitant where they wont even guarantee full coverage with 4,200 grafts. Also, i was given this impression that Dr Sethi no longer works on regular patients and only does complex procedures and his rate is INR 500 and that too only for incisions. It rubbed me in a negative way seeming that they are more interested in $$ than the actual process!

on the other hand, I have also been in touch with Alex who works for Dr Pekiner, who I have been informed does only one procedure per day from start to finish with 2.7 Euro per graft. The Dr hasnt done the evaluation yet but as per Alex, I can get full density however may need two separate procedures to get it done.

i also spoke with Dr Konior who suggested the same along with stating that donor seems to be in excellent shape, but he os fully booked till late next year. The same with Dr Bicer, she is fully booked till June, 2023.

Do you think going with Dr Pekiner will be better option knowing that Dr Arika Bansal will be $30k with not full involvement whereas Dr Pekiner will be $16k will full involvement.

Any wise thoughts will be appreciated! Both clinics have been able to provide a tentative date for this month end for HT.

First 2 pix are without hair system and hair growth of 2 weeks for scalp whereas sides and back are native hair. The 3rd and 4th pic are with EUGENIX initial assessment of grafts with no additional coverage for mod scalp. The last2 pix are with hair system on.

39BE98E7-A038-44D1-85D5-BC0133BD14BD.jpeg

9DECC5F8-8F08-4F0C-B265-9A5ED8E60DD4.jpeg

B1792CBB-F407-431C-8626-CE807B9768F0.jpeg

8FCED858-C523-4570-950B-972778A0F81F.jpeg

CCD141A8-5AD7-4D0A-B01D-2BB1F51EC6DA.jpeg

3FAE11F7-12C9-40C6-AFC8-4D58AF956579.jpeg

Both Dr Pekiner and Dr Arika are good options to go to. But personally  i would select Dr Pekiner, as Dr Pekiner has great resutls, he does only one patient per day (so full focus on each patient), he does everything in the procedure by himself and also he is cheaper...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Inhave decided to go with Dr Pekiner and appointment booked for Aug 29 for 3 days HT. He mentioned a out 4,500 grafts with 3,500 from scalp and rest from beard. They will do final count upon in person consult.

5 hours ago, str8-n-pluggy said:

What factors contributed to your decision?

The full involvement of surgeon from start to finish with Dr P; whereas Eugenix seems more like a business now with their different packages and less focus on what the patient really needs.

also the communication with Dr P advisor was excellent and the fact that they were able to squeeze me in their packed schedule on such a short notice (I got lucky as one of their clients had to move their surgery from aug to sep).

one last thing was also on the flight time from Canada to India vs Turkey and the overall cost benefit analysis.

Thanks to this forum for providing their opinion. This site has a massive library for everything related to Hair Restoration and I commend all members who have shared their own journey and experiences. I will for sure start a new thread with insight into my HT journey and hope for the Best!

2 hours ago, Vic said:

Thanks to this forum for providing their opinion. This site has a massive library for everything related to Hair Restoration and I commend all members who have shared their own journey and experiences. I will for sure start a new thread with insight into my HT journey and hope for the Best!

Hi I just had surgery with Dr. Pekiner, hes a great choice let me know If you have any questions and check out my before and after pictures If youd like.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jubda said:

Hello - can you pls share how to contact Dr. Pekiner (or Alex)

Alex can be reached at this number. He lives in Italy so make sure when you add in WhatsApp you enter country as Italy. I just reached in Ankara today and it is a great place and the hotel they booked is very nice. No complains so far and will be at Dr P’s clinic in next 9 hours for in person consult and planning.

A736080A-2305-404D-89FA-776CD4578BE7.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vic said:

Alex can be reached at this number. He lives in Italy so make sure when you add in WhatsApp you enter country as Italy. I just reached in Ankara today and it is a great place and the hotel they booked is very nice. No complains so far and will be at Dr P’s clinic in next 9 hours for in person consult and planning.

Are you gonna post your journey with Pekiner here or will you make a different thread?

9 hours ago, Vic said:

Thank you! All the best with your treatment!

Edited by Jubda