How is growth measured e.g. 12 months post op?

Apologies if this has been asked already, but I’m curious as to whether there’s a specific way that growth is measured to assess whether 80% of grafts have grown, e.g. 12 months post-surgery. Do you generally have a check up and have the area measured etc?

Main reason being, when I had a consultation with a UK clinic a while back, they said that 80% yield is classified as a success - I asked ‘how do you measure this’ and the consultant said ‘it’s just obvious’. I’m wondering if reputable doctors generally have a more sophisticated and accurate way of measuring this, or whether it’s just a case of the dr taking a quick look at the growth and saying that it’s 80%.

Thanks!

Edited by Mixed93

• Mixed93 changed the title to How is growth measured e.g. 12 months post op?
20 minutes ago, Mixed93 said:

Apologies if this has been asked already, but I’m curious as to whether there’s a specific way that growth is measured to assess whether 80% of grafts have grown, e.g. 12 months post-surgery. Do you generally have a check up and have the area measured etc?

Main reason being, when I had a consultation with a UK clinic a while back, they said that 80% yield is classified as a success - I asked ‘how do you measure this’ and the consultant said ‘it’s just obvious’. I’m wondering if reputable doctors generally have a more sophisticated and accurate way of measuring this, or whether it’s just a case of the dr taking a quick look at the growth and saying that it’s 80%.

Thanks!

who was the UK clinic? doesn’t sound great 

I assume you measure the amount of grafts within a square centimetre, I think I read somewhere that 34-40 grafts per square centimetre is a success?

Edited by SeanToman

15 hours ago, Mixed93 said:

I asked ‘how do you measure this’ and the consultant said ‘it’s just obvious’.

Mr Rolandes checked how many grafts/cm2 he has in a video. You can clearly see the difference between his thinner native hair and his stronger thicker transplanted hair. To accurately see the survival rate, you are going to need to buzz your hair down and to count each individual graft. And look at a high quality pre-op photo where the incisions are clear and count each individual graft there. Sounds tedious and ridiculous buts its the only accurate way I know of.  

Are YouTube links allowed in this forum?

Edited by mister_25

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022