Very flaky transplantation area

Hey I'm about 1 month and couple weeks in wanted to share some pictures. I am very worried about the amount of crust/dandruff around my transplanted hairs. I am worried that it's effecting the growth. It looks very rough and un healthy. I drink 2-3 litres a day to take vitamins.

Is this normal please let me know or if someone else can relate

20220731_115231.jpg

20220731_115227.jpg

20220731_115152.jpg

20220731_115156_HDR.jpg

• Confused 1

it's not normal.

like brit said, go to a dermatologist. having a dry/flaky skin is one thing, and at worst it'd be like a heavy dandruff. yours is excessive, most likely a medical condition.

• Like 1

I suffer from dandruff so clicked on this to see how yours looked and 100% agree with the others, you need to see a dermatologist. 

If it was more mild and your run of the mill sort of dry sink/dandruff, flakiness etc. then there's a few recommendations but right now, i think that needs a much more medical professionals opinion. 

First of all, do you wash your scalp daily? If not, it’s highly advisable in your case.

secondly, gonna echo what everyone else said. This looks like seb derm and needs to be looked at by a doctor. The yellow flakes are usually a symptom of seb derm. Nizoral 1 or 2% shampoo a couple times a week should help clear this up.

how long ago did this start? Is it itchy?

Edited by 5BetaReductase
  • Like 3

I'm not even going to sugarcoat this, that looks really bad and could really impact your growth given how dry the skin is.  Did this pop up only after the transplant, if this was therefore before, no surgeon should of performed this procedure 

55 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

First of all, do you wash your scalp daily? If not, it’s highly advisable in your case.

secondly, gonna echo what everyone else said. This looks like seb derm and needs to be looked at by a doctor. The yellow flakes are usually a symptom of seb derm. Nizoral 1 or 2% shampoo a couple times a week should help clear this up.

how long ago did this start? Is it itchy?

I was told not to wash scalp daily heard its bad for hair.

Ive always had bad dandruff and sensitive skin. But not like what's shown in the pictures. Started maybe a couple weeks after hair transplant (June 17 my HT). It's not itchy at all. 

Is Nizoral 1 over the counter or pre scribed.

Thanks man for your help.

53 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

I'm not even going to sugarcoat this, that looks really bad and could really impact your growth given how dry the skin is.  Did this pop up only after the transplant, if this was therefore before, no surgeon should of performed this procedure 

Hey man, always suffered from annoying dandruff but nothing to the extent of what's shown above. It makes sense that after a hair transplant and all the trauma the scalp goes through it would be common for an excess of the dandruff. 

But it wasn't like this before the surgery no where close.