Advice needed for crown area

Hello everyone, I would like to ask for your expert opinion regarding the cover of my crown area.

I already had 3 FU procedures, I dont think the success rate was any significant and although I have coverage, there's marked thinking of hair.

The crown area got almost no grafts before and I strated to have more thining of this area and I am keen to have it covered. However, my donor area is not ideal due to my previous 3 procedures. Also last procedure got 500 grafts from beard. Few of the recommended surgeons advised to continue medical treatment and no further surgery recommended, while another one recommended BHT and mentioned that no guarentee for the number of survival of transplanted grafts, also in a very high fees, as I am a difficult patient, as they described me. Another one mentioned 1500 can be taken, all scalp.

Would you advise if BHT would be recommended, scalp or if micropigmentation can increase the density in general in the donor area and crown?

20220719_201703.jpg

20220719_201720.jpg

20220719_201624.jpg

20220507_224457.jpg

Many thanks. First 2 in Turkey, 1800 and 2000 (definitily more than half are lost), last one in India 1500.

Last one by someone who was recommended in the forum but luckily not anymore ! 

I am hestitated: BHT, continue one more scalp and risk overharvesting the donor area or micropigmentation.

• Like 1

I did, they advised at first that 1700 will be required and all from scalp. Then they re-evaluated the pcitures and advised I will need to take Finesteride for 1 year then reconsult.

which I started, however, it is debatable to take finesteride before surgery, as some surgeons ask to stop medical treatement before any procedure

15 minutes ago, PFUEconsul said:

I did, they advised at first that 1700 will be required and all from scalp. Then they re-evaluated the pcitures and advised I will need to take Finesteride for 1 year then reconsult.

which I started, however, it is debatable to take finesteride before surgery, as some surgeons ask to stop medical treatement before any procedure

You don't need to stop taking Finasteride for the procedure as far as i know. Some people could say you can stop it just for a few days while getting it done

56 minutes ago, PFUEconsul said:

Many thanks. First 2 in Turkey, 1800 and 2000 (definitily more than half are lost), last one in India 1500.

Last one by someone who was recommended in the forum but luckily not anymore ! 

I am hestitated: BHT, continue one more scalp and risk overharvesting the donor area or micropigmentation.

Just dawned on me, was the last one in India Dr Bhatti - Darling Buds? I’m asking as a new member has been enquiring about him, and for me he isn’t the decent choice he once was. 

Greetings of the day @PFUEconsul

Finasteride is advisable if you have thin hairs, you can see drastic improvement after taking finasteride, probably in one year. It can improve the  donor area’s quality like anything. it can stop the miniaturization on the crown and can reduce the number of grafts required. 

If you want to go for Hair transplant, my initial advise will be continue with Finasteride first at least for 6-8 months, then get your evaluation done again. 

Any more query, please send me a personalized text and I will be happy to assist you. 

Regards, 

Eugenix Hair Science  

Many thanks for all the replies. 

I have been taking finesteride for 3 months now again after stopping it for 1 year after last procedure. 

I was thinkning about micropigmentation in meantime but probably it wont be a good idea at the time being and I'd rather wait for few more months to see  Finesteride's effect.