Uneven Growth - Left Side Growing Faster Than Right

I’m two weeks from being 5 months out of my transplant. There has certainly been growth. However my left side is growing much faster than my right - which is sparse. 

How common is this in your experience? Does this tend to even out? 

Anyone experience this on their transplant, and how long did it take for your situation to resolve?

1 minute ago, TorontoGuy said:

I’m two weeks from being 5 months out of my transplant. There has certainly been growth. However my left side is growing much faster than my right - which is sparse. 

How common is this in your experience? Does this tend to even out? 

Anyone experience this on their transplant, and how long did it take for your situation to resolve?

Perfectly normal and happens often, it will even out eventually. It will differ for everyone, but I have had 5 procedures and it’s always caught up by month 12 approx. 

TorontoGuy,

It’s perfectly normal to have uneven growth and for hair to grow at varying rates. In fact, new hair only starts to grow between 3 to 5 months after surgery and takes up to 12 to 18 months to fully grow in and mature. The hair typically starts growing in thin, fine and colorless and as time goes on it darkens, thickens and matures.  Thus, you have nothing to worry about at this early stage.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.