30 y.o. diffused thinning - need help

Hello everyone :)

I'm 30 yrs old with diffused thinning all over on top of my scalp (photos attached). I was about to get a HT last winter, but thanks to this amazing forum, changed my mind and started medication.

Since 6 weeks ago, I'm taking oral Fin 1mg MWF 3 times a week (no minoxidil since i want to see the results without it, before starting a lifelong daily topical treatment). Fortunately, I did not sense any side affects. Also had a bloodwork done this week (attached, sorry it's in Turkish). Results show my DHT levels are not low despite i'm on Fin. Unfortunately I don't have any test results from before I started medication.

My initial plan was to sticking to MWF regimen for 6 months, then reassess. Since my DHT levels are still not very low, do you think I should increase my dosage to daily? Would I lose ground and time by sticking to MWF until the end of the year?

Any suggestions (especially from deer physicians here) would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

image.png

IMG_4677.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

Edited by jakos

• jakos changed the title to 30 y.o. diffused thinning - need help
Just now, THE TRUTH said:

What were your baseline DHT levels ? 

If Finasteride doesn't help than I would go straight to Dutasteride 0.5mg daily. 

The strongest DHT inhibition in the hair follicles is achieved with 2.5mg Dutasteride daily. 

unfortunately i didnt have a test prior to starting medication

does medium DHT levels mean that Fin is not working?