Too soon for transplant??

Es1

Hi all, just signed up to this forum this morning and I am very happy I did due to the wealth of knowledge and experience on here!

Thanks to you all trusted members for sharing your insight firstly!

I wasn't aware of these 'hair mills' in Turkey and thought that was the place to go.

Anyway, I am now 27 years of age as of a couple weeks ago and considering a hair transplant. My hair started slowly slowly thinning when I had an accident a few years ago damaging 1 of my kidneys permanently (could be just a coincidence I am not sure)

Since about a year ago I used Minoxidil twice a day at the front of my head. I'm considering a transplant but from seeing some pictures on other threads I'm thinking it may be too soon??

I'll attach some pictures now and let me know what you guys think and if there's any advice you may have.

My hair is VERY VERY thick!

Thanks in advance!!

Snapchat-95973866.jpg

Snapchat-5538413.jpg

Snapchat-991519165.jpg

Snapchat-422153351.jpg

Snapchat-282487189.jpg

Snapchat-1829013652.jpg

Snapchat-1972144849.jpg

Snapchat-1111690591.jpg

You still have an intact hairline with diffuse thinning behind it and are still way too young. An HT might further destabilize things at this point. Minox will not work to preserve your temples/frontal hair but it's good at supporting mid-scalp and crown growth. 

If you can tolerate finasteride's side effects then maybe you'll see great results for your kind of thinning by going on it. Otherwise, give it time. Hairloss is unpredictable and most of us will require 2-3 HT's over the course of our lifetimes. So, if I were you, I'd wait about five years and reassess. 

The risk here is that if you jump the gun and get a small HT right now, you might end up having to go back for more sooner than later, as you'll be losing your own native hair around the transplanted ones. 

You are possibly a great candidate for finasteride and it could stabilize your hair loss for years to come, but that's a personal choice. 

Es1,

You can see my reply to you on this topic - 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.