Rogaine in recipient area

Is there any issue with using Rogaine 5% foam in the recipient area?  I'm not talking about using it immediately post-op, but 3 months post op.  And might it aid in the speed of growth?  Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks.  I use it mostly in my hair part line to increase thickness and the native hairs have shed a bit from cold-turkeying Rogaine post-op.  The area barely has any grafts, so it's not actually all that relevant, but there are a few grafts sprinkled in area.  I'm going to continue to not use it in the bulk of my transplanted area.  No need to mess with (what so far) has been going well.

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 12.28.11 AM.png

Edited by John1991

1 minute ago, John1991 said:

Thanks.  I use it mostly in my hair part line to increase thickness and the native hairs have shed a bit from cold-turkeying Rogaine post-op.  The area barely has any grafts, so it's not actually all that relevant, but there are a few grafts sprinkled in area.  I'm going to continue to not use it in the bulk of my transplanted area.  No need to mess with (what so far) has been going well.

Even if you do it is 100 percent fine , my Dr and couple of the best Docs that I know recommend that you start on the recipient area 1 month post-op . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kashnw7hope said:

Even if you do it is 100 percent fine , my Dr and couple of the best Docs that I know recommend that you start on the recipient area 1 month post-op . 

Good to know.  That means I can be even less concerned about avoiding the grafted area.