Post-Operative Care after FUE

5 hours ago, sts said:

I have read about keeping the grafts moist after FUE, by spraying water over the graft every 2-3 hours, from the next day after surgery. Is this required for a good outcome?

Greetings of the day, 

Saline spray is not that necessary to apply however it is advocated by many that it helps in keeping the grafts moist and reduce itching. Also to loosen and soften the scabs which forms after hair transplant. The best is to follow the respective clinic advise and you should avoid rubbing or scratching.

Regards,

Eugenix Hair Science 

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences

Not necessary for a good outcome at all, and it wasn't a part of my post-op care when I got my HT. Every surgeon has their own unique set of post-op protocol, so it's best just to follow what your surgeon says. If you wanna do extra things you see other surgeons mention that they find helpful, it'd be worth running past your own surgeon to get their blessing... But I would say some of the main universal points are "don't do anything to inflict trauma or dislodge them, keep them out of the sun, keep them clean, don't pick at scabs, and just be gentle..."  ;)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56