Do we need to be depressed about our baldness to go to HT ?

Or do you think we can go to get a positive reward just to get some pleasure because we would like to have more hair, even if we are not depressed about that and we can live with our Norwood ?

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes

24 minutes ago, arthurSam said:

Or do you think we can go to get a positive reward just to get some pleasure because we would like to have more hair, even if we are not depressed about that and we can live with our Norwood ?

Huh?

Are you saying you have to have some type of mental distress or trauma to get a hair transplant? I would say you need to have used all your options that you tried to be exhausted before you commit to any surgery. Having all options explored to stabilize your hair loss is very imperative to having any kind of success or being able to cope what realistic results you can get. No one needs any type of cosmetic surgery in most cases but most often we find that it help us to heal with some insecurities we have about ourself that we have been concerned with. If you are capable of fixing an issue you have been dealt with, why not fix it if you are a strong candidate for that fix?

If you are considering having surgery but want someone to talk you out of it I would say dont do it. It does not seem you fully grasp the mental to go through the process of research, realistic outcomes, potential commitment to medication, and a bunch of other factors.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

17 minutes ago, arthurSam said:

For me this really does not apply.  Or does it?

My grandfather was bald, and I wanted to be just like him.  Never gave it any thought.  Didn't even know hair restoration existed.  I was confident enough.  Wore glasses, that didn't bother me either.  I was then introduced to the industry and was told, "how can you talk about hair restoration when you don't have any?" So, was this forced on me? No, but it became a necessity. I now have more hair than all my ancestors, combined.  Do I feel good about myself? Sure! More so when patients come for consult and say something about it.

This makes me think of a Cowboy I visited with years ago.  Macho! Great Cowboy hat, boots, etc. When he took of the hat, his demeanor changed.  He turned red, apparently ashamed of the way he looked.  Eventually he had his procedure. Did this have a huge impact on him? Sure!

Is age an issue? Sure, that's another matter.  I believe most young guys want to enjoy their youth and not look old.  How about women? They need their hair today! 

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.