Considering 2nd transplant

Hi guys,

Firstly great forum, which I had lurked on this one instead of the other one I used to spend my time on back in 2016 before my fue treatment.

So I had 3000 grafts (apparently) done via fue by Dr Civas in 2016. He wasnt a hair mill, a lot of accreditations, good reviews (ahem) etc. Ultimately probably wasnt diligent enough, made the wrong decision and results weren't great. Donor area came out pretty bad a few months after and seems as though they overharvested. Went to see a local doctor a little while later who told me I had very limited donor area left so kind of put it to the side and thought would just have to live with it. Now Im seeing docs in western Europe doing good repair cases and on top of that I dont know if my donor area is as bad as I thought or the doc made out. Seems to be looking better nowadays and I see a few cases on here with donor areas looking more sparse than mine still with enough grafts left to go do a transplant.

What do you guys think?

Now Im under no illusions. Im prob a norwood 4/5 so not expecting a full head of hair. Maybe just frontal 3rd through to mid scalp but hopeful even that may be achieved?

Im in Istanbul soon so have appointments or trying to get in front of 2 of the better ones there as well as Mwamba to see their thoughts but keen to hear what you guys think?

I currently use minox but no fina as I experienced some sides after using for a few weeks

Thanks

PSX_20220703_160310.thumb.jpg.b337c603cddd76702f8799ab71e9197f.jpgPSX_20220703_160342.thumb.jpg.9b6fa150b06a67fd16c5dcc0af1fae4c.jpgPSX_20220703_160514.thumb.jpg.bdab38762bf7fa40598f1dfb48fc6a46.jpgIMG_20220701_123658114_1o_1_1.thumb.jpg.a408ba9d5a66a3d85029b38821bfa9ba.jpgPSX_20220701_155150.thumb.jpg.f429030f6339e9fd5b2cf3e475bbaf3b.jpgPSX_20220701_155209.thumb.jpg.ab4f4ce9eecee656ee9292f6d61bec2f.jpgIMG_20220629_155328106_1.thumb.jpg.4184a12826ff64993cbf2feafa068eed.jpg

• Like 1

Wow sorry to hear about your experience. 

This again shows that ABHRS or IAHRS or ISHRS  means absolutely NOTHING....

In this case specifically, Ekrem Civas is ABHRS certified but his results are crap...  

Bisanga, Mwamba and even Ferudini do good work for donor repair yes. 

Pinto and Ximena are also solid choices for repair cases but Pinto is fully booked at the moment.  

You could try Freitas too. 

You don't have much donor left and I am not sure you would have enough to cover everything especially the crown....

If you don't wanna bother and risk transplants anymore,  getting SMP every 1-2 years would be an easier choice. 

I'd rather do that. Chasing additionnal transplants are crap would be pretty consuming emotionally and financially. 

But just do your research diligently. The SMP industry is also a minefield. Just like hair transplants. 

Also give  medication a try. You never know. You might be a hyper responder if you are lucky. 

Dutasteride 0.5mg  + oral minoxidil 2.5mg

35 minutes ago, Johnny129 said:

Im in Istanbul soon so have appointments or trying to get in front of 2 of the better ones there 

can I ask who these two best surgeons in Istanbul would be?

Edited by Egy

35 minutes ago, Hope everything is nova said:

Wow sorry to hear about your experience. 

This again shows that ABHRS or IAHRS or ISHRS  means absolutely NOTHING....

In this case specifically, Ekrem Civas is ABHRS certified but his results are crap...  

Bisanga, Mwamba and even Ferudini do good work for donor repair yes. 

Pinto and Ximena are also solid choices for repair cases but Pinto is fully booked at the moment.  

You could try Freitas too. 

You don't have much donor left and I am not sure you would have enough to cover everything especially the crown....

If you don't wanna bother and risk transplants anymore,  getting SMP every 1-2 years would be an easier choice. 

I'd rather do that. Chasing additionnal transplants are crap would be pretty consuming emotionally and financially. 

But just do your research diligently. The SMP industry is also a minefield. Just like hair transplants. 

Also give  medication a try. You never know. You might be a hyper responder if you are lucky. 

Dutasteride 0.5mg  + oral minoxidil 2.5mg

Thanks for your input. It is what it is unfortunately. I took my time, did my research etc but got suckered in. Thanks for the other names. I'm hoping maybe body or beard hair could help in my case.

Haven't really looked into Dutasteride but will take a look. Thanks.

Edited by Johnny129

20 minutes ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

Maybe you can restore the frontal but I don’t think so if there is enough for your crown. Are you in medication?

I agree with this. Ultimately the front is more visible to others, and OP's is very thin due, so frontal should definitely be priority.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

Maybe you can restore the frontal but I don’t think so if there is enough for your crown. Are you in medication?

Mixoxidil. Tried fina for a few weeks but experienced sides so left it

36 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Honestly, I think that donor is very manageable. If they deplete it a little in some of the right places and add some beard grafts, you could be back up and running.

Thats what Im hoping for. Im keeping a close eye on your case as you know...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

bro don't go to Turkey for a repair. 

Yes I agree. 

Definitely don't go to Turkey...You will get botched once again and this time there won't be any chance left. 

Only doctors I would ever consider for myself there are Dr. Bicer, Dr. Gur, Dr. Turan and MAYBE Dr. Keser and Dr. Demirsoy. 

They do good work but I don't know how skilled they would be for repair surgery. Never seen much from any of them. 

Forget about the Veras, Yamans SmileHairs,  Ilker Apaydin, the Doganays, Hair of Istanbul, Emrah cinik, Karadeniz, Serkan Aygin, Aslan Musbeh etc....All hairmills. 

All other clinics in Turkey are crap. Some are certainly much worse than others but it's a gamble. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hope everything is nova said:

Yes I agree. 

Definitely don't go to Turkey...You will get botched once again and this time there won't be any chance left. 

Only doctors I would ever consider for myself there are Dr. Bicer, Dr. Gur, Dr. Turan and MAYBE Dr. Keser and Dr. Demirsoy. 

They do good work but I don't know how skilled they would be for repair surgery. Never seen much from any of them. 

Forget about the Veras, Yamans SmileHairs,  Ilker Apaydin, the Doganays, Hair of Istanbul, Emrah cinik, Karadeniz, Serkan Aygin, Aslan Musbeh etc....All hairmills. 

All other clinics in Turkey are crap. Some are certainly much worse than others but it's a gamble. 

Bro your posts crack me up 

You've got all the Turkish doctors' names on lock 🤣

But yeah I agree with both the above, I wouldn't go to Turkey for a repair, only if I was a virgin, and that would only be to the usual few candidates like Bicer, Gur, Turan etc

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hope everything is nova said:

Yes I agree. 

Its Bicer and Turan I'm speaking to in Turkey. Nobody else. I'm well aware Bisanga/Mwamba etc are better options for a repair and will try and get in front of them also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny129 said:

Its Bicer and Turan I'm speaking to in Turkey. Nobody else. I'm well aware Bisanga/Mwamba etc are better options for a repair and will try and get in front of them also. 

Okay 

Good luck bro. 

I hope you find a good doctor that will give a good result this time Insha-Allah 🙏

• Like 3

Based on your pictures, you shall require 2000 grafts approximately for the frontal zone and 1800 to 2000 grafts approximately for the crown area.

Donor grafts from your beard area can also be used as fillers in your crown area. The beard grafts are coarse compared to the scalp grafts. There will be a slight texture mismatch. But with proper styling, it can look good.

43 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Based on your pictures, you shall require 2000 grafts approximately for the frontal zone and 1800 to 2000 grafts approximately for the crown area.

Donor grafts from your beard area can also be used as fillers in your crown area. The beard grafts are coarse compared to the scalp grafts. There will be a slight texture mismatch. But with proper styling, it can look good.

Thanks. So you suggest you the crown should mainly be filled with beard grafts or a mixture of beard and donor from scalp?