lifestyle

why oh why

does anyone have any thoughts about diet/exercise and its effects on hair loss?

i have recently been trying to change my prior habits in the diet area.... i have a bad feeling that my constant abuse of the fast food lane has severely sped up the loss up top...

anyone have any knowledge or thoughts on it?

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

does anyone have any thoughts about diet/exercise and its effects on hair loss?

i have recently been trying to change my prior habits in the diet area.... i have a bad feeling that my constant abuse of the fast food lane has severely sped up the loss up top...

anyone have any knowledge or thoughts on it?

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

I would say that yes, malnutrition would have some sort of effect on hair loss, as I remember reading somewhere about the effects of fatty tissue actually being good (in the scalp) as it helps feed the follicles or something to that effect.

However this doesn't mean that eating fast food is good for your hair. It has to do with balance and moderation. Even too much of a "good" thing is bad. 2-3 grams a day of MSM has been discussed with the growth and helping with hair loss here on the forum.

Exercise will help with overall health and still moderation can't be emphasized enough. Going for those geriatric health walks do worlds of good icon_wink.gif

Find yourself a good multivitamin like "Centrum" or at least one that has the same ingredients. This along with MSM, should be adequate for most.

Then go for a walk, but not to get fast food icon_smile.gif