Starting my journey and reaching out for advice

I am brand new to the network and am just starting my transplant journey of doing alot of research and choosing a doctor. I live in San Francisco and have been looking at the networks recommended doctors. Before finding this network I have had a consult with Dr. Edward Miranda from Pacific Plastic Surgery Group a couple weeks ago and I have upcoming consults with Dr. Diep at Medical Hair Transplant & Aesthetics and Dr. Manu Gujrati at Parsi Mohebi.  

I have a co worker that had an FUE with Dr Miranda with good results and he seemed honest and caring during the consult however I cannot find much feedback on Dr. Miranda in the network specifically for hair restoration even though he is well know plastic surgeon in the Bay Area who also does FUE. I am concerned that since his practice does not just focus on hair this may not be best choice. His recommendations we’re to start Propecia, topical Rogaine, Biotin, PRP injections and FUE  with 2000 grafts since I have thin donor hair. He felt most comfortable with the 2000 grafts with the realistic goal and focus on reframing my face. Trying to fill in crown area would be waste of money and donor hair.

Dr, Gujrati looks very patient centered and Parsi Mohebi clinic looks excellent from all the reviews however wondering if I should go see Dr. Mohebi in Los Angeles. The network did not have Dr. Gujrati on the recommended list and I can see a lot of work and info on Dr. Moheb himself.

Dr. Diep also seems to have really good reputation and has good review and body of work.

if anyone here in the network has any experience or advice on choosing any of these doctors it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

24E668B8-1A8D-4C0A-849C-4D3EB686C934.jpeg

A40CC1F3-0F54-408D-BA0E-2305C2BCA2C9.jpeg

On 6/25/2022 at 8:55 PM, CONTINI said:

I am brand new to the network and am just starting my transplant journey of doing alot of research and choosing a doctor. I live in San Francisco and have been looking at the networks recommended doctors. Before finding this network I have had a consult with Dr. Edward Miranda from Pacific Plastic Surgery Group a couple weeks ago and I have upcoming consults with Dr. Diep at Medical Hair Transplant & Aesthetics and Dr. Manu Gujrati at Parsi Mohebi.  

I have a co worker that had an FUE with Dr Miranda with good results and he seemed honest and caring during the consult however I cannot find much feedback on Dr. Miranda in the network specifically for hair restoration even though he is well know plastic surgeon in the Bay Area who also does FUE. I am concerned that since his practice does not just focus on hair this may not be best choice. His recommendations we’re to start Propecia, topical Rogaine, Biotin, PRP injections and FUE  with 2000 grafts since I have thin donor hair. He felt most comfortable with the 2000 grafts with the realistic goal and focus on reframing my face. Trying to fill in crown area would be waste of money and donor hair.

Dr, Gujrati looks very patient centered and Parsi Mohebi clinic looks excellent from all the reviews however wondering if I should go see Dr. Mohebi in Los Angeles. The network did not have Dr. Gujrati on the recommended list and I can see a lot of work and info on Dr. Moheb himself.

Dr. Diep also seems to have really good reputation and has good review and body of work.

if anyone here in the network has any experience or advice on choosing any of these doctors it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

24E668B8-1A8D-4C0A-849C-4D3EB686C934.jpeg

A40CC1F3-0F54-408D-BA0E-2305C2BCA2C9.jpeg

You are 5V on the Norwood Hamilton scale of baldness.

You shall require:

Frontal zone: 3000 grafts approximately

Mid scalp: 500 grafts approximately

Crown: 2000 grafts approximately

You can tale finasteride which can help in prolonging baldness. You can take finasteride for sometime and observe its effects in your particular case - the results and its side effects (if any). Accordingly you can decide whether you would like to continue with it or not. In some cases, baldness tends to progress even with the use of finasteride. However, such cases are rare and uncommon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Contini! Welcome to the forum. :) You seem to have a great approach already, and it's wonderful that you're weighing your options and getting multiple consultations before you make a decision. You really do seem to be on the right track in regards to your approach. There's no "one size fits all" surgeon out there, and as long as you're doing thorough research/vetting, asking lots of questions at the consultations, and are in alignment with what they suggest for your procedure, then it ultimately comes down to the very unscientific method of "trusting your gut". Feel free to reach out directly if you want to discuss more about Dr. Mohebi and Dr. Gujrati on the phone. I'd be happy to provide any insight I can, and can speak from personal experience about my hair transplant with Dr. Mohebi. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56