my pics and your advice

Hi Guys,

I am considering a HT but not sure which strategy to go for. I have hairloss in the front and in the crown area. The latter is recent hairlos (approx 2 years).

I will be going for a FUE, and as you guys know a fue will give max. 2500 - 3000 grafts in one session.

And since I need more grafts to fix my problem, I have to choose.

I'm thinking, should I first reconstruct the hairlin, fill up the front and do the crown later.

Or should I stay on the existing hairlin, fill up the front and touch up the crown.

The crown really irritates me. And I'm thinking when I reconstruct the hairline, it will stand out immediately. But if I stay on the existing hairline (or go over it a bit) and fill up the front and crown, it will not directly show off.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Top.jpg.fe6925046f30d90d8be22f55a535eaf9.jpg

Hi Guys,

I am considering a HT but not sure which strategy to go for. I have hairloss in the front and in the crown area. The latter is recent hairlos (approx 2 years).

I will be going for a FUE, and as you guys know a fue will give max. 2500 - 3000 grafts in one session.

And since I need more grafts to fix my problem, I have to choose.

I'm thinking, should I first reconstruct the hairlin, fill up the front and do the crown later.

Or should I stay on the existing hairlin, fill up the front and touch up the crown.

The crown really irritates me. And I'm thinking when I reconstruct the hairline, it will stand out immediately. But if I stay on the existing hairline (or go over it a bit) and fill up the front and crown, it will not directly show off.

Hope to hear from you guys.

fue will give max. 2500 - 3000 grafts in one session

I think this is optimistic unless you are expecting to do it over multiple days.

How old are you? I'm not sure how much coverage you will get from a FUE session in the range you stated.

Don't be too aggressive with the hairline as it needs to look age appropriate as you get older, also to conserve grafts. Having said that you will get more cosmetic impact at the front.

Are you meds? How long have you been on them? At your age unfortunately it is likely that MPB will progress, so you need to plan with that in mind. There's another thread around at the moment saying that with FUE the max number of grafts you can get is 5000. That would probably be enough for you for now but if your hair loss continues then you might need to go for a strip later. If you are going to do both strip and FUE then you need to think carefully whether it would be better to do strip first.

Graft survival % is thought to be higher with strip and you can get more coverage initially and it is cheaper. However, if you are lucky and your hair loss stabilises then with FUE you should be able to clip your hair shorter than with strip.

no i am on no med at all. I am losing hair now for 10 years !

I think I'd never do strip. I have a dense and good donor, according to the FUE doc up to 10K is possible.

At first I will not take a very low hairline. Density is more important for me.

I think I will do the crown area in a second HT and at the same time then lower the hairline a bit.

Be careful dude, hair loss will progress without meds especially for someone at your age and stage of hair loss. The fact you have dense donor is good but a 10K yield from FUE sounds very unlikely. Are you sure the doc is not just telling you what you want to hear, or trying to make sure you don't go for a strip? This thread below states that the likely max for FUE is around 5k.

Strip has drawbacks as well I'm not saying you should do that, you have to make your own choices but please make sure you have done your research first.

Thread about FUE