Dr Vishal Nayak 3,000 Grafts FUE, Romford, UK

Hey everyone, 

UK member here. I've only recently been pointed towards this forum by members of another site (Hair Loss Talk). I was a Norwood 4-5 pre-surgery and decided to get 3,000 Grafts during the pandemic since we couldn't go on holiday! 

I'm almost 11 months in now, so rather than bore you all with endless text, I'd been vlogging my journey on the other forums and happy to post links to the vids I made for others about to undergo the procedure to help / compare notes etc. 

I've just uploaded my latest vid, but feel free to ask any questions.

IMG_20210819_101405.jpg.07ff54614c2a13a883ef3747e32a8b65.jpg

IMG_20210818_104527.thumb.jpg.64a5c2c110b00cd4f5990308c0f0695c.jpg

Good videos them, and nice to see another person who has gone to HGC, they seem to have a bad rep amongst a lot of people, but I personally found the Dr and his team really good, more the management/sales team not that great and really hard work to deal with. Looks like you have had good growth too, are you happy with the result so far?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Good videos them, and nice to see another person who has gone to HGC, they seem to have a bad rep amongst a lot of people, but I personally found the Dr and his team really good, more the management/sales team not that great and really hard work to deal with. Looks like you have had good growth too, are you happy with the result so far?

Hi Stewie and thank you. 

Yes considering what my hair looked like before I'm incredibly impressed. I think a large part of it is managing our expectations. For example some of us may have 3-4 hairs per graft on average - people like me will only have single or double hairs. It was also a large area to cover so most of it was concentrated on the front, with minimal left for the crown area - notwithstanding a future top-up. 

Another issue is the whole premise of "get what you pay for". When you get this done at a clinic such as HGC, you don't expect absolute prestige customer care, glossy leaflets and super cool videos. And that's exactly what I got - straight in, procedure done, straight out. 

People are worried that the surgeon only marking the area and making the incisions while the technicians carry out the rest, will not yield the same results. But I felt confident that given they do the same procedure day in day out, they knew what they were doing. 

But then I'm nearly 47 years old, I'm no model, I don't rely on aesthetics do be able to do my job and can understand why people who do, would require that additional reassurance (and cost) of a dedicated surgeon doing the entire procedure from start to finish. 

In short it was perfect for my requirements. 

Edited by JesterRIP
  • Like 1