Celebrities and their families hair loss

So, I've decided to start this topic because i think just like every other human on this planet, those luscious locks of celebs are just as disposed to hair loss as we are and even with all those millions in the bank they still "only" have access to the same treatments as the rest of us mere mortals. 

So i wanted to show how important sometimes medication like Finasteride etc. can be to stave off those really seemingly horrible family genetics. Here's a picture of Andrew Garfield and his father as well as brother from an appearance on Colbert. 

Any other examples you guys want to share, discuss or chime in would be very welcome. 

IMG_20220512_001422.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

So, I've decided to start this topic because i think just like every other human on this planet, those luscious locks of celebs are just as disposed to hair loss as we are and even with all those millions in the bank they still "only" have access to the same treatments as the rest of us mere mortals. 

So i wanted to show how important sometimes medication like Finasteride etc. can be to stave off those really seemingly horrible family genetics. Here's a picture of Andrew Garfield and his father as well as brother from an appearance on Colbert. 

Any other examples you guys want to share, discuss or chime in would be very welcome. 

IMG_20220512_001422.jpg

Has Andrew done anything or just luck?

Andrew Garfield is on Finasteride. There's a video where he mentions Propecia.

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

8 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Has Andrew done anything or just luck?

I strongly believe he's on Finasteride. He semi joked about it on one of the YouTube videos where they are asked questions from Google search and then moved on. 

Some people think he has had a hair transplant done on the temporal areas to bring them down a bit and close them off. Others still believe it's simply the way he is styling the hair, which definitely could be a factor. 

4 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I think trying to predict one's future Norwood level based on family history is utter junk science. 

I think it's not 100% scientific but there's just way too much anecdotal examples where the hair loss patterns on generally both sides of the family can influence you and if they're both balding quite a lot, then it usually ends up the person too has it. However if it's a mish mash, it's a little more difficult. 

There's another person, Hrithtik Roshan, a Bollywood movie star who has this. His dad is like a slick bald Norwood 7 and shaved. He's now 50 years old and basically a near perfect mature hairline. Norwood 1.5 at the absolute MAX. His uncles etc. on his maternal side all keep their hair till their late 50s+ so it seems naturally. 

So, i still think looking at Andrew Garfield, it can show how effective medication may very well be for slowing down in hair loss for those that respond well and why a lot more guys perhaps could benefit from it. Yet the stories against Finasteride perhaps put them off from even giving it a go and now we don't know how they may have held up if starting earlier. 

Although not celebs, there's a Twin Study done using Dutasteride and Derek on the More Plates, More Dates YouTube channel covered it really well about how with one Twin starting a lot earlier, he held significantly more hair and returned much more closer to his original hairline. That's why it's best to start as early as possible with intervention. 

Funnily enough, prevention is better than the cure is considered a good adage in medical illnesses, yet almost ignored for hair loss. 

• 6 months later...