Are more grafts possible

After 1 HT I am wondering if this could be filled out any more. This is obviously exposing the 'worst' angle. I think I recall that this is only 400 grafts and includes my temples as well (which is obviously a heck of a lot fewer than some HTs). I have thick hair so I imagine that not a lot of grafts were needed (they said they found some grafts with 7 hairs in). Yet it still feels more sparse than desired. Is it true that only a certain density can be achieved in one go? Would you think that I could get this filled this in a bit more? Thanks

PXL_20220417_121037158.png

50 minutes ago, mr789person said:

After 1 HT I am wondering if this could be filled out any more. This is obviously exposing the 'worst' angle. I think I recall that this is only 400 grafts and includes my temples as well (which is obviously a heck of a lot fewer than some HTs). I have thick hair so I imagine that not a lot of grafts were needed (they said they found some grafts with 7 hairs in). Yet it still feels more sparse than desired. Is it true that only a certain density can be achieved in one go? Would you think that I could get this filled this in a bit more? Thanks

PXL_20220417_121037158.png

Yes. You can get it filled a little more if you want more density in the hairline. It would be helpful if you could share more pictures. That would help us gauge your condition in a proper manner. Are you also taking finasteride?

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences

Mr789person,

You can always add more density and refine the hairline as needed which looks like it would help you by looking at the photo you presented.  To give you a better idea of how many grafts you might need it would be helpful if you presented some additional photos showing alternative angles of the scalp.  For instance, if you could take and post a picture from the front tilting your head down about 45 degrees, that would be helpful.  A photo from the top would also help.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks for your responses. I have attached some more photos. As you can see by the last picture, it looks like it will progress further back, it is already way way way thinner than the density on sides/back. I am more concerned with addressing the front section for the moment but is it too early to address the section further back as well? I can't take Finasteride, experienced crippling side effects which thankfully passed upon stopping, but I use minoxidil. Any idea how many grafts I might need for the front/temples? Am really looking for a good plan of action for the future for a continued battle against the recession so any advice on that would also be appreciated.

PXL_20220421_224840703.png

PXL_20220421_225330070.png

PXL_20220421_224832618.png

PXL_20220421_224942317.png

Edited by mr789person

On 4/22/2022 at 4:46 AM, mr789person said:

Thanks for your responses. I have attached some more photos. As you can see by the last picture, it looks like it will progress further back, it is already way way way thinner than the density on sides/back. I am more concerned with addressing the front section for the moment but is it too early to address the section further back as well? I can't take Finasteride, experienced crippling side effects which thankfully passed upon stopping, but I use minoxidil. Any idea how many grafts I might need for the front/temples? Am really looking for a good plan of action for the future for a continued battle against the recession so any advice on that would also be appreciated.

PXL_20220421_224840703.png

PXL_20220421_225330070.png

PXL_20220421_224832618.png

PXL_20220421_224942317.png

Thank you for sharing your pictures.

If you are experiencing side effects with oral finasteride then you can try topical finasteride. Maybe you won't have side effects with those. If you do not take finasteride then the baldness will progress further. You must be prepared for another transplant in the newly emptied areas in the future.

You're hairline zone can be transplanted.

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences