Any evidence that medication started and then stopping accelerates beyond never starting?

Just a thought I was having after reading some various posts that werent asking this question but seemed to be a common theme
Is there any evidence that starting meds like fin/minox and then stopping can lead to more hairloss than one would have had in the same time period having never started meds? I would think theres some pretty experienced users and also clinics/Drs on here who would have seen thousands of patients over the last 10 years to know.

Just curious, this isnt happening to me as I only started fin about 8 months ago and havent stopped and just started minox about a week ago

9 hours ago, blufforfold said:

Just a thought I was having after reading some various posts that werent asking this question but seemed to be a common theme
Is there any evidence that starting meds like fin/minox and then stopping can lead to more hairloss than one would have had in the same time period having never started meds? I would think theres some pretty experienced users and also clinics/Drs on here who would have seen thousands of patients over the last 10 years to know.

Just curious, this isnt happening to me as I only started fin about 8 months ago and havent stopped and just started minox about a week ago

Finasteride was developed to help enlarged prostates. 
The fact that it caused hair loss to halt was nothing but a side effect.

The science behind it makes sense too; it's a DHT blocker.  DHT is what causes hair loss.

Without question it's an important hairloss medication.

7 hours ago, SeanToman said:

Finasteride was developed to help enlarged prostates. 
The fact that it caused hair loss to halt was nothing but a side effect.

The science behind it makes sense too; it's a DHT blocker.  DHT is what causes hair loss.

Without question it's an important hairloss medication.

This isn't to say Fin or Minox dont work. But to give an example. Lets say someone took Fin/Min for 2 years then stopped taking it and proceeded to accelerate his hairloss in the 3rd year. Is there evidence in that 3 year period some people experience more hairloss because of the acceleration after coming off fin and/or minox than they would have if they just took nothing for 3 years.

Im not saying this is the case, but I see in some of these stories im reading that people were on meds and stopped and its not just that their hair started falling out faster, it seems to have accelerated at a pace that they had never experienced prior to being on the meds. It could just be coincidence but I read a few of them. Stupidly I didnt save any of them but I was just curious if there's any evidence of that and some people on here seem to be into hair loss for years or decades and there's a lot of clinics even on here who likely have thousands of patients on these meds over the last 10-20 years and would have an idea