Current Consultations So Far, What's Next?

6 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I would though, I haven't shaved my head since I was a little child! Its probably going to be a bit of a shock once I take all that hair off, but its a small sacrifice for the greater good. I am still thinking of booking one/two weeks tops to make sure I have my recovery period. 

I am also thinking of getting back in there after 3 months to get my PRP sessions as it would be a waste not using them. 

It is a small sacrifice, but hey you get to relive your childhood only for a few moments!

Also, here's the thing with PRP that I have read/found. During the cuts made to your scalp, the same nutrients that your body needs for healing will be present which is helpful for recovery. PRP acts similarly which helps the hair to grow. Long story short, when doing damage to the scalp the bodies response to healing is similar to PRP. Only difference is that with PRP injections you get a higher concentration (and PRP you don't need to force as much damage as surgery does). So you would want to space the PRP injections apart. Example one shot per month (one shot during the surgery) and depending on what the surgeon suggests I would say one shot one month apart may help. But it may not be needed.

Personally, my plan was to get a PRP injection to the scalp and maybe to the cheeks to help facial hair (if i can find more studies) -- during the day of the transplant. Then I was planning to get a PRP injection at month 2 (post op) and another at months 4 and 5. The results wouldn't really yield much result until more injections are done and they are not permanent. But my idea is that I would want to facilitate as much healthy hair growth as possible early on so when my scalp recovers it has everything it would need (even in excess). After that if i really wanted to, I would only do PRP injections 6 months apart to keep up, but I wouldn't want to spend that much money consistently throughout the year for something that is clinical.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

14 minutes ago, Vann said:

It is a small sacrifice, but hey you get to relive your childhood only for a few moments!

Also, here's the thing with PRP that I have read/found. During the cuts made to your scalp, the same nutrients that your body needs for healing will be present which is helpful for recovery. PRP acts similarly which helps the hair to grow. Long story short, when doing damage to the scalp the bodies response to healing is similar to PRP. Only difference is that with PRP injections you get a higher concentration (and PRP you don't need to force as much damage as surgery does). So you would want to space the PRP injections apart. Example one shot per month (one shot during the surgery) and depending on what the surgeon suggests I would say one shot one month apart may help. But it may not be needed.

Personally, my plan was to get a PRP injection to the scalp and maybe to the cheeks to help facial hair (if i can find more studies) -- during the day of the transplant. Then I was planning to get a PRP injection at month 2 (post op) and another at months 4 and 5. The results wouldn't really yield much result until more injections are done and they are not permanent. But my idea is that I would want to facilitate as much healthy hair growth as possible early on so when my scalp recovers it has everything it would need (even in excess). After that if i really wanted to, I would only do PRP injections 6 months apart to keep up, but I wouldn't want to spend that much money consistently throughout the year for something that is clinical.

Yeah, I have read the same. Loads of clinics that offer HT services seem to invest in it which is quite intreaguing. I know that its not really necessary most of the time but if it benefits your growth and its free there is no reason to go for it. 

I may just need to book holidays for those days as well alongside with the tickets, but hey after 3/4 months I would expect myself to be in a good position for travel anyway. 

I just realized that my surgery is going to be by the time Indiana Jones is released on the cinemas, I hope I can go out after 2/3 weeks so I can have a watch.

Will just take my hat with 😁