Advice needed

Reatz

Hi yall. 

Longtime lurker here and ive decided to make a post in order to maybe get some experience and advice

So i noticed that ive lost alot of hair about 2 years ago.(im 26 now) Ive now been on finasteride for 9 months. I cant really tell the difference however ive decided to stay on it. 

As it looks to be ill most likely be a norwood 5/6 based on the thinning of my hair. I have no relatives that has suffered from MBP. For some background i did have an eczema which was treated with steroids. 

As it is now i have very diffuse thinning on certain areas but in overall its alot thinner. 

Let me know what you think, would i be a good canidate and are my expectations realistic? 

For my expectations is literally to just have the illusion/being able to comb back my hair without seeing any scalp

Ive looked at the following surgeons

De freitas, ferreira, pinto and bisanga

However i can not decide which one would be the go to one for me as all of their work is amazing. 

If any more pictures are needed i would be happy to provide more. 

20220314_130148.jpg

20220314_130107.jpg

20220314_130039.jpg

20220314_125935.jpg

20220314_125849.jpg

20220314_125808.jpg

20220314_125726.jpg

20220314_125659.jpg

20220314_125604.jpg

20220314_125537.jpg

20220314_125348.jpg

20220314_125133.jpg

20220314_125448.jpg

20220314_004739.jpg

20220314_004836.jpg

20220314_004826.jpg

20220314_131720.jpg

20220314_132702.jpg

20220314_132643.jpg

Edited by Reatz
More pics

Thanks for posting and providing photos.  Diffused thinning, young guy.  Good decision to stay on the med.  Most believe Propecia and Rogaine are the best meds out there for hair retention in the crown.  The problem is that of expectation.  People do become frustrated when they see no visual change a year later - not understanding - the meds are not intended to grow anything.  Rather, they are to keep you from losing any more.  Thus, if a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were intended to do.

You are young and have experienced aggressive loss. And, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  I would encourage you to consider adding Rogaine, PRP and Laser and give them a year.  You still have a lot of native hair that hasn't left the building.  Hopefully you can not only retain but also experience enhancement.  PLS hold off doing any transplant until you get this under control.  It is likely, a year later, you'll have a whole world open up to you with different alternatives.

Lastly, if you have no family history of loss, it might not be a bad idea to have a derm do a biopsy and given you the reason why you are experiencing such loss.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

12 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

Thanks for posting and providing photos.  Diffused thinning, young guy.  Good decision to stay on the med.  Most believe Propecia and Rogaine are the best meds out there for hair retention in the crown.  The problem is that of expectation.  People do become frustrated when they see no visual change a year later - not understanding - the meds are not intended to grow anything.  Rather, they are to keep you from losing any more.  Thus, if a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were intended to do.

You are young and have experienced aggressive loss. And, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  I would encourage you to consider adding Rogaine, PRP and Laser and give them a year.  You still have a lot of native hair that hasn't left the building.  Hopefully you can not only retain but also experience enhancement.  PLS hold off doing any transplant until you get this under control.  It is likely, a year later, you'll have a whole world open up to you with different alternatives.

Lastly, if you have no family history of loss, it might not be a bad idea to have a derm do a biopsy and given you the reason why you are experiencing such loss.  

Hiya, thanks for your input. 

Ive tried PRP and I felt it didnt make any difference what so ever. Regarding Rogaine i have always had trouble applying any type of ointment to my scalp as my hair gets very greasy and looks even thinner. Where i live we do not have access to oral minoxidil sadly.

Eitherway looks like alot of the surgeons i spoke about have more than a years wait list. So if it looks the same ill probably jump on that train by then 

It is sad that most clinics do not know how to do PRP. If you hear the word "sessions" run away.  This just implies a little at a time which results in nothing.  

With regards to Rogaine, do you have foam available? The med is systemic, that is, you can put it on any one place. The skin will absorb the medication.  The key is to get it on to the scalp.  Yes, the liquid can leave that greasy feel/look.  

What part of the World are you in? Are you open to travel?

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

6 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

It is sad that most clinics do not know how to do PRP. If you hear the word "sessions" run away.  This just implies a little at a time which results in nothing.  

With regards to Rogaine, do you have foam available? The med is systemic, that is, you can put it on any one place. The skin will absorb the medication.  The key is to get it on to the scalp.  Yes, the liquid can leave that greasy feel/look.  

What part of the World are you in? Are you open to travel?

Yeah indeed. I live in Europe and sadly we do not have minoxidil/rogaine in foam form where i live.

I am able to travel.

Regarding minoxidil though, it seems like the worse version of finasteride If you stop using it.

32 minutes ago, Reatz said:

Yeah indeed. I live in Europe and sadly we do not have minoxidil/rogaine in foam form where i live.

I am able to travel.

Regarding minoxidil though, it seems like the worse version of finasteride If you stop using it.

I gather, by your comment, that you experienced some positive results with Rogaine? If so, pls get back on it and stay on it.  

14 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

I gather, by your comment, that you experienced some positive results with Rogaine? If so, pls get back on it and stay on it.  

I have no experience with minoxidil. Its just based on my research about it