Help Deciding Surgeon (De Freitas, Cuoto, Ferreira)

On 3/10/2022 at 9:44 PM, JoeMan said:

All 3 are great options in my opinion. Maybe look for results with similar hair type as yours. I went with Dr. Ferreira but I really struggled with my decision as I also liked Dr. De Freitas. In the end I'm sure all 3 can provide a good result though so take your time but once you pick, don't look back. For months after I booked Dr. Ferreira, I kept thinking about canceling for Dr. De Freitas. I'm only 2 months post op so my results aren't known yet but so far I'm happy with my decision. 

Your progress is looking great Joe! I think you made the right choice for you. Then again I don’t think you could’ve gone wrong with either Dr. 

On 3/11/2022 at 8:21 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think Dr. De Freitas is one of the very best, I’ve been very impressed by Dr. Cuoto as well. All three are good docs, my suggestion is to speak to past patients, look at reviews and ask for video comparisons of patients similar to you. If possible, do a video consultation with each doctor. Once you speak to them, you’ll be able to make a better decision.

I think so too! Both are putting out great results IMO. Dr. De Freitas isnt doing video consults but his staff sent back my assessment. I had a video call with Dr. Cuoto and he’s putting out great results as well and does the whole surgery. Cuoto’s prices are a lot higher but I think the video consult and the fact that he does the whole surgery himself is making the decision harder. 

22 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Similar dilema here between Pinto,Ferreira and Freitas. I consulted with both Bicer and De Freitas a few months back. 

I feel like a lot of it depends on your gut/intuition. But I am slightly leaning in for De Freitas but there is something that is keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Same boat man! I really like De Freitas’s results, it just looks like hairline density is a common theme with all his post op pics and videos. That or it’s just a lot more visible/noticeable in his photos. Not sure how much of a factor that will play in the final results but I think it helps. I have a feeling he’ll probably get my deposit in the end. 

16 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

Anybody know Dr de Freitas current wait times? 

I was emailing with Tamara. As of mid Feb they were booking for May 2023. That’s after an assessment. 

5 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

The thing that seems consensual among most people around is that even though both Ferreira and Pinto are great at their craft they still fall short in comparison with De Freitas though but I am not sure if this is just because of personal preference or if his technical skills are better for most patients.

Ah! This is where it gets interesting! I really like Ferreira’s work, I’m sure weve all seen Rolandas’s results as well as the ones posted by the forum members and they look great and the ones I’ve seen are progressing nicely. I was actually guilty of almost commuting to the Turkey hair mill route until I saw Rolandas’s videos and wanted to go with Ferreira instead. And that further research led me down the rabbit hole again and onto other doctors like De Freitas and Cuoto.

But what are we measuring in terms of “falling short” on? Like for me if I were going off finished results I’m leaning towards De Freitas, haha as to why? I’m not really sure, it just seems like his has a lot of wow factor, not saying the other doctors don’t as they certainly do. Like for Cuoto I’ve noticed he can do a lot without a high number of grafts based on some of his videos! I don’t know if my observation is correct but I do notice he could be a little more conservative on the hairline than Freitas? Or I might just be imagining that. But I really don’t mind him stretching out a 3000 graft operation over 3 days to get things perfect. 

Edited by Jtoorrees
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jtoorrees said:

Your progress is looking great Joe! I think you made the right choice for you. Then again I don’t think you could’ve gone wrong with either Dr. 

Thanks! I'm really happy so far. I saw my mom today and it's been a few weeks. She noticed a difference already. Being at month 2 I feel like it's just starting to go now. Maybe by month 3 or 4 I can style my hair again 🙏

I'm not here to say Dr. Ferreira is the best. I feel like he was the right choice for me though. I was comfortable with him performing my surgery knowing he's extremely meticulous. The fact that he performs the entire surgery and you are the only client is what pushed him ahead for me. I wouldn't hesitate at this stage to return to him again, but I'm also sure that had I made a different decision and went with Dr. De Freitas, I'd likely be just as happy. 

This is why I say that once you decide on any of these top surgeons, don't look back. I had tons of anxiety looking back and forth between Dr. De Freitas and Dr. Ferreira for months after I had already booked Dr. Ferreira. Lookin back, it was silly. Do all of your research and go with your gut, then trust your decision because you know that you've done the research and selected one of the best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jtoorrees said:

I think so too! Both are putting out great results IMO. Dr. De Freitas isnt doing video consults but his staff sent back my assessment. I had a video call with Dr. Cuoto and he’s putting out great results as well and does the whole surgery. Cuoto’s prices are a lot higher but I think the video consult and the fact that he does the whole surgery himself is making the decision harder. 

Same boat man! I really like De Freitas’s results, it just looks like hairline density is a common theme with all his post op pics and videos. That or it’s just a lot more visible/noticeable in his photos. Not sure how much of a factor that will play in the final results but I think it helps. I have a feeling he’ll probably get my deposit in the end. 

I was emailing with Tamara. As of mid Feb they were booking for May 2023. That’s after an assessment. 

Ah! This is where it gets interesting! I really like Ferreira’s work, I’m sure weve all seen Rolandas’s results as well as the ones posted by the forum members and they look great and the ones I’ve seen are progressing nicely. I was actually guilty of almost commuting to the Turkey hair mill route until I saw Rolandas’s videos and wanted to go with Ferreira instead. And that further research led me down the rabbit hole again and onto other doctors like De Freitas and Cuoto.

But what are we measuring in terms of “falling short” on? Like for me if I were going off finished results I’m leaning towards De Freitas, haha as to why? I’m not really sure, it just seems like his has a lot of wow factor, not saying the other doctors don’t as they certainly do. Like for Cuoto I’ve noticed he can do a lot without a high number of grafts based on some of his videos! I don’t know if my observation is correct but I do notice he could be a little more conservative on the hairline than Freitas? Or I might just be imagining that. But I really don’t mind him stretching out a 3000 graft operation over 3 days to get things perfect. 

I think its a lot to do with your gut then anything else since there are so many variables that come when doing a transplant. 

Usually you would try and make sure that the results you see are from people that were in your scale of baldness which could relate to it. I am currently a diffused NW5 so I really need someone who is able to get it done in 1 session and if required just do a small touch up for the second proccedure on the crown but De Freitas basically recommended 3000 grafts for me on that level. I loved Tamara when exchanging emails, she was very patient even when I was being a bit anoying throwing questions out of the blue due to my ongoing anxieties and insecurities. And they got back to me quite quickly too. 

Anyway, let us know what choice you make whichever it is and good luck. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2022 at 6:43 PM, Jtoorrees said:

Couto doesn’t do the extractions. I had a face to face consultation and this was confirmed. 

On 3/12/2022 at 8:00 AM, TheGreatPretender said:

The thing that seems consensual among most people around is that even though both Ferreira and Pinto are great at their craft they still fall short in comparison with De Freitas though but I am not sure if this is just because of personal preference or if his technical skills are better for most patients.

I chose Pinto over Freitas, based on his cases posted by patients on various forums.

• Like 2