1st Hair Transplant (Finally!): 2,400 Grafts. Dr Saifi in Wroclaw

Here with the six month or so update. 

Some notes about the comparison photos:

• Hair is all over the place in photos from today as I'm just home from the gym and it needs a cut
  • Lighting slightly different

My thoughts at this point:

1. Overall feeling about the HT

Transplanted areas have filled out very nicely and the temporal points have been a game changer for the side profile.

I didn't realise how bad my hair was pre-HT. I knew I was receeding, but it's only when I look back on photos that I realise how bad it was.

It's strange now that I can gel my hair down in under 2 minutes and leave the house without a load of hairspray.

2. The hairline

The transplanted hairline is pretty much the hairline I had before it all fell out. I dislike this hairline greatly, as even now that it has been restored, it looks like I'm going bald when worn up.

3. Expectations weren't adequately managed

I feel like my expectations going into the procedure weren't managed as well as they could have been.

There was a very large bald area to be covered and, realistically, the surgeon couldn't have covered it adequately and lowered my hairline without using significant graft numbers.

If this was communicated to me in a way that said, 'Look, there's a big space to cover here and we'll need to do it over two different procedures', I would have said fair enough.

4. FUE number 2

I have a second FUE booked with Dr. Saifi with the sole purpose of lowering the hairline and reducing the size of the forehead.

I'd like to close the temples more, also, to frame the face better.

All in all I'm happy, but month 2 - 5 was tough going as I shed terribly and the fringe took a long time to grown out.

AF8B35EE-E44A-47C5-AF79-A1856463F189.jpeg

4BA5408F-6B2F-4306-AE4D-0349044D43B8.jpeg

2017A452-81F7-4723-8E5A-89DCB562E42D.jpeg

Edited by Keith2091

2 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

@Keith2091 thanks for the update. Im considering FUT session with Dr Saifi. I think it was right approach to do 2400 grafts and then another small session instead of doing like 4000 grafts at once

Yea it definitely was. It’s just that going into it my expectations were that he would lower the hairline. 

I’m happy now though. I have laid out clear expectations for the second one so I’m looking forward to seeing it after that’s eventually done. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...