Long term itching.

mrselfconcious

Hi guys,

I had a strip procedure at Feller Medical in NY about 4 years ago, around 2985 grafts.

All seemed to go well but my scalp has been super itchy ever since. Has anyone experienced this?

I can't seem to find a lot about this so I am assuming it's pretty rare, but any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Also have some scarring from the strip surgery which is quite visible when my hair is short (even at #4). 

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Richard

Itching can be caused by many things.  First thing I would do is go to the doctor if you can.  Otherwise go to the dermatologist so they can look at the scalp and determine the root cause.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Thank you, I have spoken to the Dr but he wasn't able to give me a specific explanation for this. 

He did suggest the possibility of a dry scalp which could have been exacerbated by the surgery which seems plausible.

I think I need to go to a dermatologist / trichologist and get their opinion. 

I have been (very) patiently waiting for the itching to subside, but so far it has not.

Kind regards

Richard 

7 minutes ago, mrselfconcious said:

Thank you, I have spoken to the Dr but he wasn't able to give me a specific explanation for this. 

He did suggest the possibility of a dry scalp which could have been exacerbated by the surgery which seems plausible.

I think I need to go to a dermatologist / trichologist and get their opinion. 

I have been (very) patiently waiting for the itching to subside, but so far it has not.

Kind regards

Richard 

Definitely need to see a dermatologist. If it’s not Improving then the sooner the better really. They will examine your hair and recommend a treatment/shampoo which will help. You need to find the cause here, i had the same itching and mine turned out to be seborrheic dermatitis..