Pulled a graft?

Hey guys i know I shouldn’t of have pulled a hair 19 days after my hair transplant so I don’t want to hear the same shit.

basically 19 days after my transplant all went fine, scabs were washed off I was doing my daily routine of washing my hair transplanted area… donor area was healing. However one day i noticed a yellow hair which was odd since my hairs are all black. I pulled it and it came out effortlessly and there was a hair within a yellow thingy and it seemed like it was attached to a root.

this happened 19 days so almost 3 weeks after my hair transplant and my hair was in the shedding phase

did I lose a graft?

i attached that “hair” I plucked

thank you

C79F520F-3902-435F-8424-033DE675A2BA.png

Edited by Rafyht

3 minutes ago, Rafyht said:

Hey guys i know I shouldn’t of have pulled a hair 19 days after my hair transplant so I don’t want to hear the same shit.

after 10 days the grafts are secure and the only way to dislodge a graft is through surgical extraction. Idk who would give you sh*t as you can't pull out a graft on Day 19.

1 minute ago, SadMan2021 said:

after 10 days the grafts are secure and the only way to dislodge a graft is through surgical extraction. Idk who would give you sh*t as you can't pull out a graft on Day 19.

Real answer thanks man. I respect your aggressiveness in your truth

Did you do a hair transplant g? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

When can I go back to the gym after a ht generally ? It’s been 22 days so far

6 minutes ago, Rafyht said:

Real answer thanks man. I respect your aggressiveness in your truth

Did you do a hair transplant g? 

Yep I've had 3. And for all 3 I've been anxious and worried post-op about dislodging the grafts. It would be weird to spend so much money, time, and stress and NOT be overly concerned about the status of your grafts lol. But after Day 10 they are completely secure. 

4 minutes ago, Rafyht said:

In terms of dislodging the grafts, you are completely secure. 

The issue post 10 days with working out is it can affect wound healing. And if you got a FUT procedure, idk the specifics, but specifically with FUT you need to delay heavy workouts for a short time afterwards. 

You should ask your clinic I'm sure they've gotten this question hundreds of times before. 

Edited by SadMan2021

11 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

Yep I've had 3. And for all 3 I've been anxious and worried post-op about dislodging the grafts. It would be weird to spend so much money, time, and stress and NOT be overly concerned about the status of your grafts lol. But after Day 10 they are completely secure. 

In terms of dislodging the grafts, you are completely secure. 

The issue post 10 days with working out is it can affect wound healing. And if you got a FUT procedure, idk the specifics, but specifically with FUT you need to delay heavy workouts cautious  for a short time afterwards. 

You should ask your clinic I'm sure they've gotten this question hundreds of times before. 

I’ve gotten dhi and it’s been like a few weeks already. For some reason they’re overly cautious even when it came to sleeping on my side it wasn’t until like day 16 

i think like I’m going back already it’s killing me tbh

Edited by Rafyht

Rafyht,

Since follicular units are firmly secured  7 to 10 days after surgery, pulling on my hair will not damage the graft.  Frankly, 10 days after surgery, you’d have to surgically remove the graft to dislodge it. Thus, despite the picture you’ve presented showing the hair. The follicle is still firmly secured under the surface of the skin.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 2/17/2022 at 7:11 PM, Rafyht said:

I think most people say after day 10 for an FUE is fine, though the caveat is usually prioritize what your surgeon says. My surgeon has his patients go back to my normal life on day 7 after fue, including heavy weightlifting.