Advice about my hair

Jay,

You haven’t presented many photos but what I can see from the pictures you posted, it looks like you have adequate donor hair and would be a good candidate for hair transplant surgery. In my opinion, I would suggest re-creating a semi youthful/conservative hairline that ultimately blends in with the rest of your hair. Since it all still seems pretty thick from the mid scalp backwards, you likely will only need a single hair transplant procedure at least at this time.  If you are still in the process of losing hair or lose additional hair overtime, you will likely need subsequent procedures to keep up with it. Thus, if you’re not already doing so, I suggest considering hair loss medication such as finasteride and even minoxidil to slow down, stop or even reverse the progression of pattern baldness.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 2/17/2022 at 12:23 AM, JoeMan said:

How old are you? Are you on medication like finasteride to prevent further loss?

I think somewhere around 3,500 grafts depending on the hairline you want. 

What Dr's have you consulted with? 

I’m 42, on finasteride, living in the US. Willing to travel.

i have sent photos to get opinion from Dr Laorwang in Bangkok, Dr Cortez in Tijuana, Eugenix’s WhatsApp contact, Dr Bicer. 

The estimated he range is consistant with dr Laorwang’s and Dr Cortez’s assessment. 

21 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Jay,

You haven’t presented many photos but what I can see from the pictures you posted, it looks like you have adequate donor hair and would be a good candidate for hair transplant surgery. In my opinion, I would suggest re-creating a semi youthful/conservative hairline that ultimately blends in with the rest of your hair. Since it all still seems pretty thick from the mid scalp backwards, you likely will only need a single hair transplant procedure at least at this time.  If you are still in the process of losing hair or lose additional hair overtime, you will likely need subsequent procedures to keep up with it. Thus, if you’re not already doing so, I suggest considering hair loss medication such as finasteride and even minoxidil to slow down, stop or even reverse the progression of pattern baldness.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Thank you! 

• 7 months later...
On 2/18/2022 at 7:32 AM, JayKHair said:

I’m 42, on finasteride, living in the US. Willing to travel.

i have sent photos to get opinion from Dr Laorwang in Bangkok, Dr Cortez in Tijuana, Eugenix’s WhatsApp contact, Dr Bicer. 

The estimated he range is consistant with dr Laorwang’s and Dr Cortez’s assessment. 

Who u pick?