telegen effluvium and propecia

Ankur FAN1

What's up y'all?

I've been on propecia now for 3 months and continue to shed hairs like crazy. I visited the dermatologist and he said I had the condition telegen effluvium as well as male pattern baldness. Did anyone else have this problem? I've had this problem for some time , probably for 2 months now. I don't have any serious stresses in my life that would contribute to such extensive hair loss. The doctor told me to come back if things didn't improve in 6 months. Thanks.

Ankur

What's up y'all?

I've been on propecia now for 3 months and continue to shed hairs like crazy. I visited the dermatologist and he said I had the condition telegen effluvium as well as male pattern baldness. Did anyone else have this problem? I've had this problem for some time , probably for 2 months now. I don't have any serious stresses in my life that would contribute to such extensive hair loss. The doctor told me to come back if things didn't improve in 6 months. Thanks.

Ankur

• 2 months later...

I think thats a hormonal thing right? if that can be corrected with meds then just stick with propecia. 3 months isn't even close to long enough for trying a drug - most likely you'll need that 6 months to see good results.