Success with Minox indicator of the same with Propecia?

HappyinSW

I experienced very quick growth of crown area hair within 1-2 months of starting 5% minox therapy 6 months ago. It took miniaturized hairs and matured them, and also took bald areas of the crown and formed miniature hairs. Letting it all grow out, plus having a strategically contrasted haircut with the unaffected areas around the crown was an amazing result in a short time. Just started Propecia this week after getting 3875 grafts in the frontal and hairline. Would love to have Propecia/minox solve my crown problems for the mid-term until I eventually get 5000 grafts to completely cover the crown. Any thoughts on the proposed efficacy of Propecia given my immedaite and thorough results with minox?

Wow, this is so strange but my hair right now looks 100% the same as your pre-op hair. And seeing how you did your transplant gives me great ideas for the future as I am only 20 now.

How old were you when you noticed hair loss and at what age did you do your transplant?

It took my hair 3 years to get to the stage that you were in before your operation. I will have used Propecia for 2 years this summer and it has given me some good results. Recently I have noticed my crown getting somewhat balder but my mid and front is exactly as it was before i began Propecia, if not improved (hard to tell as I didn't take photos)

I just began Rogaine 5% foam so hopefully that should help me with my crown.

As for your question, since both drugs have nothing in common, they wouldn't really give you any good indication but if your relatively young and if you have mild-moderate hair loss then both Rogaine and Propecia would be perfect. That is what a good transplant surgeon told me when I met him - he told me I was too young for a HT and I gotta let my hair loss pattern unfold as I continuously use the 2 drugs.

GL :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi aw33,

That is ironic yours looks just like mine pre-op. I was told all the time that I looked to be in my mid 30s at the lowest. I am 29. I know if my HT results are successful most people will think I am in my 20s. I am nearly 3 weeks post-op so hairs are still falling out but I still have many of them and actually got carded buying wine last week and the woman told me I looked young.

I first noticed my hair loss in the crown at 27 when I saw a picture of the back of my head and it was fairly significant loss. I mean, my hairline had been maturing since I was about 21, but still looked reasonable. Lots of loss the last 3 years and now look at it. I do have a picture from 23-24 years old that I have a buzzcut in and the hairline is slightly receded. The best part of my HT is that the results should bring my hairline to what it was at 21.

Hoping that the Propecia does me well. Just got back on Minoxidil at the 10 day mark, and that had done very much for my crown.

Are you contemplating HT at this point?