How many hours after can you drink hard liquor after taking a Propecia (finasteride) tablet?

Kris_D

Kris_D,

I believe alcohol has no effect on Finasteride, in other words you could have a shot of whiskey to wash a Proscar tablet down if you so wished. (not that I'm suggesting you do so)

Some people use whiskey/vodka to dissolve Proscar making it easier to obtain the 1mg dose.

hi

I take finasteride in the mornings daily, and most weekends usually end up having a few drinks. I have been on finasteride for 3 months now and have not really experienced any side effects really, even when drinking.

The only thing i am a little concerded about is the effects taking both alchol and finasteride may have on my liver. Does anyone know about this at all??

I am due a check up with my hair consultant in the next week or so, ill ask then as well.

thanks

luke

Hey Lucalus,

Good question, I hadn't thought about that before but would also like to know the answer.

My gut feeling is as Finasteride like Alcohol is metabolized by the liver, in small doses and not everyday, it shouldn't do any harm.

If your drinking everyday and taking finasteride everyday I would think that it would make a bad sitution worse, but if it's only once or twice a week you should be fine.

A medical view on this point would be good.