DR. Mark Distefano

Balding Young

I recently had a chance to visit Dr. Distefano's clinic in Boston. I talked to one of his assistants, and i was impressed with the work they do (from the pictures on the site). does anyone have any reservations about going to Dr. Distefano?

the problem i have is i read the following on this site:

I have reservations regarding Dr. Mark Distefano due to his continued use of a multi bladed knife for removing the donor tissue.

While this tool makes the process of separating the donor tissue into grafts quicker and easier, multi bladed knives have long since been discontinued by leading hair transplant clinics in order to minimize the transection and loss of a patients precious limited donor tissue. Leading clinic prefer to remove the donor strip using a single blade, while carefully controlling the angle and depth of the incision to minimize transecting (severing) the follicles along the cutting edge. The strip is then carefully slivered (sectioned) into smaller narrow strips under the microscopes to avoid transection.

what is your experience? or can Dr. Distefano (if he is reading this note) reply to this issue?

thanks.

Balding Young

Did he show you his before pics/scar? Or did he just claim to have had a procedure with the doc? Be careful of consultants who claim they've had work done by the doctor. Alot of docs use it as a ploy to decieve you. It happened to me.