1410 grafts FUE - Dr.Keser

ConnorCrosby

Celebrating 4 weeks today and I really don't enjoy these times. I look far worse than before and I know it's a long way until I'm on the other side of the hill.

I do have a question. Perhaps someone knows - there's a lot of hairs in the recipient area that has not shed nor grown. They are simply the exact length as after the surgery. What's the deal?

I'll update my case with pictures monthly from now on.

Hairline_3.png.58f57ed0b2c21845bcbe9b138eba0c3a.pngHairline_2.png.aef0336199991067a83dcb228d67152d.pngHairline_1.png.5426518f03f15c6c7de9012f988c6c27.png

Take care everyone!

2 hours ago, ConnorCrosby said:

Celebrating 4 weeks today and I really don't enjoy these times. I look far worse than before and I know it's a long way until I'm on the other side of the hill.

I do have a question. Perhaps someone knows - there's a lot of hairs in the recipient area that has not shed nor grown. They are simply the exact length as after the surgery. What's the deal?

I'll update my case with pictures monthly from now on.

Hairline_3.png.58f57ed0b2c21845bcbe9b138eba0c3a.pngHairline_2.png.aef0336199991067a83dcb228d67152d.pngHairline_1.png.5426518f03f15c6c7de9012f988c6c27.png

Take care everyone!

Haha, I know the feeling. I'm a day behind you and look pretty much the exact same with the shedding. Time goes though, it's been a month already, you'll be seeing growth before you know it.

As for the stalled grafts, it's pretty normal from what I've seen over the years, they'll probably just shed in the next few weeks too and grow back normally in a few months. I think the follicle just hasn't managed to shed the hair yet and the trauma from extraction knocked it out of the growth phase completely, hence why it's not grown.

You might find some that stay for a while and don't end up growing at all though, but it's no big deal either.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Haha, I know the feeling. I'm a day behind you and look pretty much the exact same with the shedding. Time goes though, it's been a month already, you'll be seeing growth before you know it.

As for the stalled grafts, it's pretty normal from what I've seen over the years, they'll probably just shed in the next few weeks too and grow back normally in a few months. I think the follicle just hasn't managed to shed the hair yet and the trauma from extraction knocked it out of the growth phase completely, hence why it's not grown.

You might find some that stay for a while and don't end up growing at all though, but it's no big deal either.

You are totally in the right. Time flies!

So basically - the hair that forms the stubble as per now will eventually shed and end result will not be affected by this? Those grafts are not "dead"? To be clear, I'd say that the majority of the transplanted grafts have shed and then there's a few of them that seem to have started to grow.

6 hours ago, ConnorCrosby said:

You are totally in the right. Time flies!

So basically - the hair that forms the stubble as per now will eventually shed and end result will not be affected by this? Those grafts are not "dead"? To be clear, I'd say that the majority of the transplanted grafts have shed and then there's a few of them that seem to have started to grow.

Hard to say, really, but looking at your pics, you look completely normal and as expected for a month. Looks to me like most of the grafts have just shed anyway and I can't really see any that are stalled. But yeah, I meant that some of the ones that seemed to never grow much will indeed probably shed or be forced out when the new hair sprouts and come back just fine, although some might also be follicles that didn't make it. 

16 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Hard to say, really, but looking at your pics, you look completely normal and as expected for a month. Looks to me like most of the grafts have just shed anyway and I can't really see any that are stalled. But yeah, I meant that some of the ones that seemed to never grow much will indeed probably shed or be forced out when the new hair sprouts and come back just fine, although some might also be follicles that didn't make it. 

Let's hope fore survivors. 

Thanks for taking your time JD! Really appreciate it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey again! Hope everyone out there is doing good.

Took some pictures of my 3rd month progression. I do think that growth has kicked in and I look forward to the times ahead! 

Thinking out loud: I've never had thinning or recession of the centre part of my hairline. However it's looking quite thin at the moment. And since I didn't lower the hairline from the centre I suppose it's either shock loss since grafts were implanted over existing ones. Or it's permanent loss of those old natural grafts for the same reason. Either way I'm hoping for the implanted grafts to fill in this area in the end.

Take care guys!

Front.png.4412d26312ebcd33245055f77746625b.png

Front_2.thumb.png.47d51993d64f232845e269fcada927c8.png

Right_1.png.147dfbd3e2d323fdf8b3d9fcfbaf3b67.png

Left_1.png.2f37a53852d625c3aa39ea48fdd0573d.png

Right_2.png.18dbc19633b2ed139cca408c8f613553.png

Left_2.thumb.png.761b7e311789407d52f6026cec1abd14.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have myself a fade at the sides and in the neck. Will try to snap some shots after!

If anyone can chime in on what happened with the centre part of the hairline it'd be appreciated. It doesn't really show on the last picture because of the lighting, but it's pretty thin right in the centre. That was not the case before the procedure.

Take care everyone!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...