Start of MPB/Temple, Crown Recession?

So i never really bothered about my hair and never really cared or looked at it much until September of 2020 when I had got done with my shower and noticed my hair looking a bit thin around the corners. Obviously hair will tend to look thin when it is wet but ever since then it has bothered me and comparing that day till now almost a year and 2 months have passed by and i have noticed there is some amount of slight recession although this could be maturation, i really am not sure . Some information about me: I'm 18 about to turn 19 , Male. Looking at family history, there isn't really any case of major balding. My dad who is in his late forties has a good amount of hair himself(NW2-2.5 maybe) but it does look a bit thin at times to me. No bald spots on him yet. Both Paternal and Maternal uncles still have good hair on themselves. I'd put them around NW2-2.5. My paternal grandfather who had passed away around when i was just born when he was in his late 70s had a NW4 without any crown loss and my maternal grandfather has a NW4 as well without any crown loss but has a slightly thin frontal region but good amount of hair at the back. 

I've attached some pics:

The wet slicked back hair(pic-8) and pic-9 and pic-11 are what worry me at times . it looks really thin but then again its wet but i cant really tell. 

Sorry for the plethora of pictures. Just wanted to include as many as angles as possible. Also pic 9, 11, 12 and 10 are pics where i slightly wet my hair to give it a slicked look as that could show the hairline clearly.

Would really appreciate  an honest opinion.

pic-1.jpeg

pic-2.jpeg

pic-3.jpeg

pic-4.jpeg

pic-5.jpeg

pic-6.jpeg

pic-7.jpeg

pic-8.jpeg

Pic-9.jpeg

pic-11.jpeg

pic-12.jpeg

Pic-10.jpeg

You are young.  Very dark hair and light scalp.  The contrast is making it look worse than what it is.  Yes, you are in the process of maturing your hairline and your corners are developing.  Some hair in that area is in the process of miniaturizing, (just look at the strands, some thick and some not so much). A bit premature? Perhaps.  Your last photo, (without you holding your hair), still shows a strong juvenile hairline. Keep an eye on things. If you see a pattern developing, (refer to the Norwood chart), I would then get started with some medical regimen to help you retain.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

2 minutes ago, EricCartman said:

Well i guess to wait and see is my only option. Hopefully it doesnt receed any further. If it does i might be open to finasteride but my very young age is what worries me and how it could affect my development.

Now you have taken some pics you can use them to monitor any changes, say at 6 months or a year intervals. Bearing in mind you will have seasonal sheds (normal for anyone) 

2 minutes ago, EricCartman said:

Haha yes, recently got into south park and I'm loving it, Its so very kewl. Its probably the only thing that makes me forgot my probable hair loss anxiety.

Best episodes ? Awesom-0, Death of Eric Cartman and make love, not Warcraft ! 

4 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Now you have taken some pics you can use them to monitor any changes, say at 6 months or a year intervals. Bearing in mind you will have seasonal sheds (normal for anyone) 

Talking about sheds i did expereince moderate amount of shedding back in january . Went to the doc who diagnosed me with severe vita D deficiency and gave me supplements for it. I took them for about 3 weeks then stopped. I try not to notice the shedding anymore but i dont see hair strands anymore on my books, pillow anymore like i used to but then again i never exposed myself to the sunlight ever since lockdown started. I shud probably start going out more.

5 minutes ago, EricCartman said:

Talking about sheds i did expereince moderate amount of shedding back in january . Went to the doc who diagnosed me with severe vita D deficiency and gave me supplements for it. I took them for about 3 weeks then stopped. I try not to notice the shedding anymore but i dont see hair strands anymore on my books, pillow anymore like i used to but then again i never exposed myself to the sunlight ever since lockdown started. I shud probably start going out more.

Expect anything up to 100 hairs being shed a day as normal. Most of them we don’t even notice. Personally I would hink your just moving in to your mature hairline. Always worth considering seeing a dermatologist if you was to experience any further or unusual loss. 

Edited by JC71

4 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Expect anything up to 100 hairs being shed a day as normal. Most of them we don’t even notice. I personally would say your just moving in to your mature hairline. Always worth considering seeing a dermatologist if you was to experience any further or unusual loss. 

Thing is i did go to one , a homeopathic doctor(i know they arent real doctors and are the snakeoil type people but my innocent mind didnt know this back then). They used one of those hair count microscope tools and gave me the following measurements: Hair density: 358 hairs/cm2, Thickness is 0.030mm and growth at 0.051mm, and to top it off they concluded im a NW3 with vertex loss, or on my way to that and gave me  pills which i took for few days but after reading on them online i concluded that they were useless and stopped taking them 

A dermatologist is legit and not at all the same as a homeopathic Dr. A Dermatologist has been trained for hair, skin and nails and is a proper Dr. They are incredibly useful and are often used to investigate hair loss. They can give proper advice and most certainly a very good examination. 

Sorry if i didnt mention this before but i did go to a dermatologist initially who took a look by parting my hair and said they didnt see any major issue but if i was worried to use 5% minoxidil. They didnt mention finasteride as an option then and i didnt ask as well. The homeo visit was next 

• Like 1

Just now, EricCartman said:

Sorry if i didnt mention this before but i did go to a dermatologist initially who took a look by parting my hair and said they didnt see any major issue but if i was worried to use 5% minoxidil. They didnt mention finasteride as an option then and i didnt ask as well. The homeo visit was next 

this was the same doctor who tested my vita d levels btw 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Yes for now i honestly can’t see any issues. Moving in to a mature hairline is normal for your age. 

yeah i guess i may be overreacting a bit as well, but i will keep track of things on a monthly/yearly basis and then evaluate .Hoping it doesnt receed any further.

• Like 1