considering transplant

Be careful when considering this surgery, it is permanent and basically there is no way to undo it completely.

Most of the clinics doing hair transplants don't do consistently exellent work. If you get only an 'okay' or average hair transplant, it will probably look like an obvious hair transplant to other people. What good is that? Only an excellent hair transplant will look natural enough to not look like an obvious cosmetic surgery. The whole point of cosmetic surgery is to not look obvious. Unfortunately, the number of truly excellent doctors in the field is very very small, in my opinion.

If you have a bad (or only mediocre) result from your surgery, it can be WORSE than just being bald.

See LOTS of patients of this doctor in person, before deciding on a surgery. Hopefully the guys you meet will have similar characteristics as you (same age, same amount of hair loss, etc). And NOT just the guys the doctor hired to work in his clinic, I mean regular 'outside' patients who do not work for the doctor. Get an idea of what the average patient gets for results.

First of all thanks for replying, how is it possiable to know weather a surgery is genuine or not. I'm also on propecia the last 6 months, should I wait a few more months before considering a hair transplant.

How long after the HT will the scarring be become unoticable form the operation.Do you think there's any difference between the width of the scarring from a smaller operation and a larger one.Any thoughts shared will be welcome.

Most people think you should give Propecia at least a year (or more) to decide if it is working for you. Whether you should wait (as you asked) really depends on your hair loss, how much work you need done, whether Propecia could possibly satisfy you (if it works for you) etc.

If there is any chance that Propecia can satisfy your goals, then I think you should definitely wait, and not get any surgery at this time. The ideal situation would be that you solve your hair loss issues without getting any surgery! Surgery should be a last resort for you.

As far as the surgery being genuine, look at the article Best Hair Transplant If your doctor does not use microscopes or does not use only Follicular Unit micrografts (read the link) then look elsewhere.

If you want more specific advice, consider posting your photos, and infornmation such as your age, how long you've been losing hair etc. If the doctor has a website, then post a link for the website, so we can see what his approach is.

Thanks again, Ok some details about me I'm 29, and would say I'm approaching the NW3 scale, most of my balding is in the crown area. I also have loss in the temple area but not as much.

The surgeons website is http://www.hair-hair-hair.com/Eng/index.htm and I found it on the hair transplant network. I've had some minimal success from propecia, I'm not expecting much regrowth from it.As I have a bald spot and not difuse thining I'll need surgery to cover it, but I don't beleive in been overly aggressive in this area of the head.

What would be your opinions on harvesting donor hair's i.e which method is better, FUE or strip surgery.

I don't like the idea of a scar on the back of my head, but I suppose a good surgeon would minimize this.

I remember seeing a man that I worked with who had four strips taken from the back of his head, man I mean when he bent his head forward it looked like fish gills, at the time I didn't suspect a hair transplant because you tend not to have any knowledge of hairloss treatments when you have all your hair. It just looked like someone hacked badly with a knife four times.