can you transplant hair into pimples?

If you have too many pimples on recipient side, or some scalp conditions, the transplant session could be cancelled / postponed. It happened before, though it is a rare occurrence, and this is sometimes even written in the pre-operative instructions of some clinics.

Good question...

Thanks Serious icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I've always wondered, I have a tendency to have acne and it seems as though I get a few on my head, not extreme though, but 3-4 pimples that make me scratch my head.

I had a consultation with a Coalition Doctor a few months ago, but I was on Accutane so my body was pimple free.

So that raises another question, if you are a person that is prone to getting pimples, and you get a HT, would you get a flare up of pimples because you're body is like that?

If normal people get pimples after a HT, I'm trying to imagine what acne-prone people would experience after a HT

3-4 pimples should not cause any problems I believe, pre or post transplant... this will be considered normal... unless maybe these pimples are huge or the symptoms of an infection. And I never heard of acne-prone people having complications post transplant, but that would make an excellent question to ask to your HT doc in consultation, or any docs from this site for that matter...

I'm curious, did you notice any hair loss from using Accutane??

Tsakalos, not sure who you are targeting, but I am referring to existing pimples on your head prior to a HT, and trying to transplant hair with pimples on your head.

Serious, No problems at all with hairloss while on accutane. This is actually my third time on accutane, no issues with hairloss or my liver icon_smile.gif

Pimples are actually small infected areas with small amounts of puss in them. You should not transplant when they exist. You need to go to your doctor, take a course of antibiotics, and clear them up. At that time you can get a transplant. They should clear up fairly easy if you get on the right antibiotic.