Touching transplanted area 5-8 days after procedure?

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well. :)  I'm new to this forum.

Basically, from day 5 - 8 of my hair transplant, I've caught myself sometimes patting the transplanted areas (not rubbing or scratching).
This is fairly gentle I'd say, I haven't noticed any bleeding or anything.

However, I'm concerned that doing this may have caused damage to my hair graphs under the skin?
Is this a valid concern?  Or am I being paranoid?

Thank you all, and thanks for reading.

You'll be fine - you should generally avoid touching the recipient at this stage apart from when you start cleaning the scabs off, which should be around now, but as long as you weren't aggressively scratching the area or something then I can't see any way it could damage things. At 8 days, it would take a surgical instrument to dislodge any grafts, but the area is still healing and you generally want to just leave it alone/not touch it with bacteria filled hands etc.

3 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

You'll be fine - you should generally avoid touching the recipient at this stage apart from when you start cleaning the scabs off, which should be around now, but as long as you weren't aggressively scratching the area or something then I can't see any way it could damage things. At 8 days, it would take a surgical instrument to dislodge any grafts, but the area is still healing and you generally want to just leave it alone/not touch it with bacteria filled hands etc.

Thanks for confirming :) 
Here is progress.

ht.png

Edited by ZeoWorks

Just an update, cleaned off all the scabs.  All the hairs that are due to shed are still in place.
Everything looks in order. :)  Day 10.

I went to Elithair in Istanbul, 3700 grafts, 2300 euro in total. 

My advice to anyone is to just trust the procedure.  I'm an anxious person so when I patted my head several times I began to panic, but all is well.

WIN_20210917_15_38_28_Pro.jpg

Edited by ZeoWorks
  • Like 1