Dr Didocha

Mike F

Hi,

I'm a newbie in Denver. Been reading through all the past posts. Looks like most would recommend traveling to get a HT from the top guys.

Anyway, I've talked to a few. I guess I'm a Norwood 3. I have a liitle hair left in front. I'm on proscar, minox, and use Nizoral shampoo already.

A couple of docs say I only need 1500 grafts. I guesstimate I have about a 56 cm2 area to cover. One doc says he'll do about 25-30 grafts per cm. I have thick donor hair speckled back/gray, darker skin. Will that density be adequate? I don't particularly want to go back.

Also a doc on this site, Dan Didocha, has an office here in Denver. What does he charge? Anyone?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

I'm a newbie in Denver. Been reading through all the past posts. Looks like most would recommend traveling to get a HT from the top guys.

Anyway, I've talked to a few. I guess I'm a Norwood 3. I have a liitle hair left in front. I'm on proscar, minox, and use Nizoral shampoo already.

A couple of docs say I only need 1500 grafts. I guesstimate I have about a 56 cm2 area to cover. One doc says he'll do about 25-30 grafts per cm. I have thick donor hair speckled back/gray, darker skin. Will that density be adequate? I don't particularly want to go back.

Also a doc on this site, Dan Didocha, has an office here in Denver. What does he charge? Anyone?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike.. Good to hear you have already started minox, and proscar!!

You look to be an excellent candidate for an HT! I don't think, however, 1500 will complete you. Maybe around 2500.. Which you can easily get from a 1 time HT. Check with some other Docs. Bet they would tell you the same thing.. Good Luck man, and hope you get the one time fix!!!

Thanks for the input. With my limited knowledge, I just didn't feel like 1500 was near enough.

This site certainly has helped me- at least consider doing a HT...either that, or a used fishing boat!

MIke

M<y thought would be the 1500 would more like be the outline. That would give you the look of a full head, but contrasting the real density. I think, just my opinion though, 2500 would give you full yield. A very easily obtained procedure.

"at least consider doing a HT...either that, or a used fishing boat!"

Look, Mike, I can really respect wanting that boat (8 years navy; 2 years as a yacht delivery captain) so, yeah, i understand your delimna with the decision alone.

But, i agree with HBT. Maybe even up to 3000 to pack some more density in there.

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog