Residue lotion after shower

Hey guys, I’m 5 and half days post op fue, and I started applying lotion to my recipient area 30 mins before showering, and proceeding to shower with sebamed shampoo very lightly/cup method. My question is with this reduced pressure, a lot of lotion is stuck on my scalp still. Any suggestions to remove it, or just let it soak in? Thanks!

Every clinic/doctor has their own protocol.  Communicate.

What I did, and it worked for me, was to get in the shower and cover the top of my scalp with my hand.  Tons of water would hit the back of my hand and the water would just trickle down.  If you use the cup, you'll be a month pouring water and still won't get all the stuff off.

Lotion? The whole idea of shampoo is to keep the area clean.  Why lotion? Ah, perhaps to soften the crusts? 

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

12 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

Every clinic/doctor has their own protocol.  Communicate.

What I did, and it worked for me, was to get in the shower and cover the top of my scalp with my hand.  Tons of water would hit the back of my hand and the water would just trickle down.  If you use the cup, you'll be a month pouring water and still won't get all the stuff off.

Lotion? The whole idea of shampoo is to keep the area clean.  Why lotion? Ah, perhaps to soften the crusts? 

Ya start the lotion process day 5 post op about an hour before shower, and just let it soak in. Than continue to do the whole shower routine. Than day 7-10 apply lotion once every 5 hours and than jump in the shower and gently massage. And ya that cup  thing is barely doing anything I noticed lol. The post surgery instruction are quite clear, just wondering your guys experiences because as you know, first time removing scabs is a daunting task to say the least. What day did you start the hand technique, first wash?

Pour shampoo and rinse using the hand technique.  ON the 7th day start scrubbing gently with finger tips.  

Typically the first wash is done at the clinic.  Good opportunity for staff/doctor to look at things and address any concerns.  Some doctors will suggest this at 3 days, others at 5 and even yet some at 7.  Some of the crusts will begin falling off by themselves.  If you still have some on day 10, be a bit more diligent.  Remain in the shower and let things soak and then scrub away.  Leaving them too long is not good either.  You do not want infections.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.