dutastride (yay or nay)

juicer404

Dutasteride is really just a much stronger form of Fin.

If you have zero side effects from Fin, I see no reason to NOT make the jump to Dut. It just provides even more protection, so no reason to not to be on it.

I was on Fin for a year, zero sides. I've now been on Dut for 2 years and again zero sides. 

If you did have sides from Fin, I imagine the sides from Dut would only be worse. That's the only reason I can think to not be on Fin or Dut.

• 2 weeks later...

i was just about to start a thread on this but might as well chip in on here. 

I had the exact same question - i've had very successful results with my hair transplant, and since the op i've been taking 1mg finasteride a week - much reduced dosage from the daily finasteride i'd been taking for 12 months prior to the surgery. 

It seems like Dutasteride is just more effective than Finasteride without any more risk/side effect?

In which case should i throw away my finasteride supply and just 'upgrade' to Dutasteride and stick to my 1mg/week dose?

what do you guys think? EDIT: Going to start a new thread on this as it's related to post-op and this thread has been spelt wrong...

Edited by sloppos

On 6/5/2021 at 7:39 PM, SadMan2021 said:

Dutasteride is really just a much stronger form of Fin.

If you have zero side effects from Fin, I see no reason to NOT make the jump to Dut. It just provides even more protection, so no reason to not to be on it.

I was on Fin for a year, zero sides. I've now been on Dut for 2 years and again zero sides. 

If you did have sides from Fin, I imagine the sides from Dut would only be worse. That's the only reason I can think to not be on Fin or Dut.

never done finn, but seems the dr im seen only perscribing dutasteride, or pushing that one