Hair I pulled out - not growing back

Hube

I had a bad nervous habit, and pulled out hair in one specific spot on the back of my head.

It seems to be thinning out and not growing back well or at all (there is a noticeable bald spot).

Will Rogaine or something similar grow this hair back?

I ask because It was not lost naturally, it was pulled out for many years until it stopped growing.

Hube,

If you've severely damaged or pulled out the hair roots by excessive hair pulling, nothing will grow your hair back. However, it may be worth a try to use Rogaine to attempt to stimulate any remaining follicles to see if they'll grow healthy hairs.

It's going to be very important for you to seek counseling if your nervous habit of pulling your hair out isn't an isolated incidend or continues. You may be suffering from trichotillomania which is an impulse control disorder characterized by the compulsion to pull their own hair out. This disorder often leaves patients with several permanent bald spots and hair regrowth is impossible once the roots are irreparable.

Best wishes,

Bill

i'm a trich guy..... i really pulled from the crown when i was in high school.... and when i buzzed my head a few years ago i had a slightly lighter patch towards the right in the back.... it was slightly comical when i think about it... but yeah... when i got to the age where i started freaking about about losing my hair i switched to pulling from back around my neck.... odd but true (ps i'm a severe trichs puller... i pull from everywhere.... maybe too much info but still.... its true)

bottom line is if you've been pullin from the same spot for a while.... you're pretty screwed

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

Hube,

If you've damaged or pulled out your hair follicles, Rogaine and Propecia will not help you.

If you haven't damaged the hair follicles, the hair should regrow on its own without any treatment.

Surgical hair restoration or hair replacement systems are really the only possibly viable solutions for those who's follicles are too damaged to grow back.

If you still have the impulse to pull your own hair out, I'd suggest speaking to a trained counselor who can help you.

Best wishes,

Bill