Pausing Minixodil for hair transplant

I will have my hair transplant procedure at HLC on 3 - 4 May ( 3520 Grafts) . The surgeon recommended that i should not use Minoxidil 1-2 before and also not before 4 weeks after the procedure.
Since im curious about taking oral finasterid (will use a topical solution rather), im afraid that the lack of minoxidil during this time could cause additional hairloss. Could i loose my hair minoxidil is keeping even im not seeing any effects growth with minoxidil since 2 - 3 years ? 

Edited by Rizgari

I looked into this myself, with no clear conclusion.

Everyone has a different opinion on when to stop, based on potential bleeding during surgery, stopping anything from 6 weeks to 0 days before, though 1-2 weeks seems the average. Restarting seems to be based on not harming new grafts with any chemicals or alcohols in minoxidil solutions, so grafts should be secure and scabs gone, in which case two weeks is recommended on average. I saw someone even suggest waiting until the transplanted hairs have shed, in which case 3-6 weeks. 

My instructions were 2 days before (so I did 3-4 to be sure since I know I bleed), and start 15 days after (think I started at 13-14 days since scabs were removed at 8). 

My conclusion was that you won't lose any results due to minoxidil, since even if there was a negative change after a few weeks, re-introducing minoxidil should launch those hairs back that were reliant on minoxidil. 

People typically say "follow your clinics guidelines, you chose them because you trust them, so why question them now?", but with every top clinic giving different answers, I logically want to get to the bottom of it myself. 

Hope this helps understand to decide what is best for you, rather than just confuse :)