Turkish Medications After HT

Out of all the research I have done and seen about getting a HT in Turkey, the one topic I have not seen much discussion on is the medications the Dr. prescribes you.

For example Dr. Cinik prescribes:

1. Omeprol (Gastroprotective)

2. Askef (Antibiotics)

3. Parol (Painkiller)

4. Coraspin (Blood dillutent)

5. Prednol (Anti edema)

6. Trental (Redness recovery)

For someone who is coming from USA, I am concerned because these are not FDA approved, these are all medicines from Turkey I believe. Any Americans have experience or any issue taking these, are there some I absolutely must take, and others not so necessary. For example for pain killer I rather take FDA approved ADVIL(Ibuprofen) rather than a pain killer from Turkey.

Please advise because I am very concerned about putting all these unkown medications in my system. 

If I am on Finasteride do I still take it as well with these medications? What about any reactions?

Yes I went with Cinik 6 months ago, I’d imagine you will need to take all the meds they give you but as for Parol it’s only the equivalent to paracetamol I believe, I took my own painkillers of paracetamol and ibuprofen when needed.

40 minutes ago, Newyear newhair said:

Yes I went with Cinik 6 months ago, I’d imagine you will need to take all the meds they give you but as for Parol it’s only the equivalent to paracetamol I believe, I took my own painkillers of paracetamol and ibuprofen when needed.

But you don't have any more info about them other than you just took them. For example, what is 1. Omeprol (Gastroprotective) used for?? What does it do?

3 minutes ago, JovsGata said:

But you don't have any more info about them other than you just took them. For example, what is 1. Omeprol (Gastroprotective) used for?? What does it do?

Omeprol is omeprazole. It's a proton pump inhibitor, which basically means it lowers the acidity in your stomach (it's used for stomach ulcers, etc.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Omeprol is omeprazole. It's a proton pump inhibitor, which basically means it lowers the acidity in your stomach (it's used for stomach ulcers, etc.)

Thank you for the response Dr. Khokar. So why should I take this after the hair transplant? Out of the list, which ones do I ABSOLUTELY have to take. I do not want to be taking unnecessary medication especially if it is not FDA approved. For pain killer I will take ADVIL(Ibuprofen) if needed. 

Also should I stop taking Finasteride for a few days after surgery? Does finasteride interact with any of these?

1. Omeprol (Gastroprotective)

2. Askef (Antibiotics)

3. Parol (Painkiller)

4. Coraspin (Blood dillutent)

5. Prednol (Anti edema)

6. Trental (Redness recovery)

Edited by JovsGata

You should ask the clinic these questions. I'll try my best to answer, but I'm not sure what some of these meds are since they're in Turkish. I do know standard procedure is to give an antibiotic for prophylaxis (such as cephalexin, cefazolin, etc.). Some people have very low pain tolerance so they require oral opiates and some people are fine with a high dose acetaminophen and/or aspirin. Some people request light sedation/or may have anxiety so a benzodiazepine can be used.  Prednol is a steroid to prevent edema. Coraspin, per my internet search, is aspirin. It can be used for pain or as an antiplatelet agent. Usually you don't give these before or after surgery since it increases bleeding risk. Trental is a PDE inhibitor (so it vasodilates and it also has some anti-inflammatory properties). I'm not sure why they're using some of these meds (I don't see the utility of a PPI, for example). I would ask them. You can continue taking finasteride. It'll help with preventing shock loss as well. 

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

38 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

You should ask the clinic these questions. I'll try my best to answer, but I'm not sure what some of these meds are since they're in Turkish. I do know standard procedure is to give an antibiotic for prophylaxis (such as cephalexin, cefazolin, etc.). Some people have very low pain tolerance so they require oral opiates and some people are fine with a high dose acetaminophen and/or aspirin. Some people request light sedation/or may have anxiety so a benzodiazepine can be used.  Prednol is a steroid to prevent edema. Coraspin, per my internet search, is aspirin. It can be used for pain or as an antiplatelet agent. Usually you don't give these before or after surgery since it increases bleeding risk. Trental is a PDE inhibitor (so it vasodilates and it also has some anti-inflammatory properties). I'm not sure why they're using some of these meds (I don't see the utility of a PPI, for example). I would ask them. You can continue taking finasteride. It'll help with preventing shock loss as well. 

Thank you so much for your response. Yes I am questioning why so many medications as well. Out of this list for a hair transplant do you reccomend just taking the 2. Askef (Antibiotics) and 5. Prednol (Anti edema), I have a pretty high pain tolerance so I will not be taking the pain killers, but I really want to limit what medications, especially Turkish medications I put in my system.

Do you most doctors prescribe medication at all after a hair transplant?