Exploring all the to do's before a Hair Transplant, and apparently Fin is a must before and after? (I had a bad experience on it) - my story.

Hey,

I'm trying to research everything before I make this decision. I have just spent the last few hours researching the Hair Transplants.  Trust me, I do not want it to come to this point of a hair transplant. My journey went like this. My brother lost his hair at 21, fully balding, and my dad the same. So I feared for my future.

I always looked after my hair but realized I was thinning at the age of 26/27. At the age of 27, I went to the Belgravia certain in the UK. They prescribed me Finasteride and Minoxidil, I remember being super excited about a plan of recovery, however, in week 1 into this combination I felt major side effects. My heart was pounding, I felt super weak, and it got to the point where I fainted on this combination in the work office. It terrified me to try both and I haven't touched it since. In the past, I have had anxiety problems and the Belgariva center told me if they knew this they would not have prescribed me the combination of Fin and Minoxidil.

Fast forward a few months, I did a ton of research and found a product called Haarklinikken. A Danish brand promoting natural hair loss recovery where I put natural serum in my hair every night. It's been three years, and I guess I saw some minor improvement, but now, I feel like my hair has gotten worse. It is receding on the sides, however, I do not think I am balding fully yet.

I've been crawling the internet and forums for all the must do's before a hair transplant. Questions keep coming to my mind that I don't find the answers to like:

• When is the right time to consider getting a Hairtransplant?

• Where do I go to get one, surely there is a list of the top ten clinics around the world, I can travel as well... (located in the UK).

• Which is the best one for me to get, fut vs fue, what's the difference?

• What if I can never take Fin or Minoxidil, does this affect my post-operation results?  People are telling me I can't get a transplant if I do not use Finasteride?

• How much should I save to get a good transplant, I don't want a poorly done one?

Surely there is a blog or to-do list for me to go about this, if not, I will start one?

Would appreciate any help and any advice, I like to research so please direct me to all places.