Topical Dutasteride/Finasteride

In looking for non pill solutions for hairloss I came across this from Dr Carlos K Wesley.

https://vimeo.com/374288606

I think this is a slam dunk if it works like he says it does. None of the downsides, all of the upsides.

Thoughts? Opinions? Alternatives? General topical solutions discussion too I guess.

I just started taking his topical fin. A little over a month. No results yet, also No side effects. What i can say is i feel like the areas I’ve been applying it to seems thinner currently. I hope this is normal. With Rogaine it’s expected for your hair to look worse before it improves- hoping it’s the same concept here 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James C said:

I just started taking his topical fin. A little over a month. No results yet, also No side effects. What i can say is i feel like the areas I’ve been applying it to seems thinner currently. I hope this is normal. With Rogaine it’s expected for your hair to look worse before it improves- hoping it’s the same concept here 

What made you go for the fin as opposed to his custom mix? He told me he personally uses the mix.

I opted for his regular fin spray because i never took any type of medication for hairloss before and i heard dutasteride is a lot stronger so i wanted to reduce any potential side effects. He recommended the mix as well to me but i wanted to test the waters with just fin

• Like 1

There have been studies published in respected, peer reviewed journals that demonstrate the efficacy of topical finasteride and dutasteride. I personally use a topical finasteride/minoxidil combo and it's been working well for me. You need to be on it for about 1 year to realize the benefits. The risks of side effects are much less since it's not systemically absorbed. Of course, the oral formulation will be more effective since its systemically absorbed. 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

There have been studies published in respected, peer reviewed journals that demonstrate the efficacy of topical finasteride and dutasteride. I personally use a topical finasteride/minoxidil combo and it's been working well for me. You need to be on it for about 1 year to realize the benefits. The risks of side effects are much less since it's not systemically absorbed. Of course, the oral formulation will be more effective since its systemically absorbed. 

In Dr. Wesley's video in the OP he seems to say that it is just as effective at 3 months in his experience. Do you have links to any good studies?