What else is there to do on a rainy afternoon? :-D

GTDL

Greetings my fellow follically challenged brethren,

I wasn't going to post this on the forum as it was just something I did for the fun of it. But then I figured, why not? I'm sure some of the guys will enjoy reading it (and it may even enlighten some new and unwary members).

Recently I decided to undertake a little 'experiment', partly to use the knowledge I have gained from this website to catch out a cowboy of this industry, and partly for my own amusement (but more so for my amusement I have to admit) icon_biggrin.gif

Some of you who know me on this forum will know that I am an outspoken critic of Dr. Conor Kiely and his track record for shoddy work with a long line of unsatisfied patients (not to mention his dishonest advertising).

So, under an alias I decided to e-mail his clinic as a supposed 'uneducated' patient who was interested in having hair transplantation but who had little to no knowledge of hair transplantation, it's practitioners, risks, benefits etc (which is exactly what I was when I first encountered Dr. Kiely). Almost immediately, his secretary e-mailed me back explaining how the clinic works only with the strip method (or as they called it the 'Gold Standard' in hair restoration), what the strip method is, how great their clinic and Dr. Kiely is etc. But here was the point of my 'experiment', to see what they would say when I pretty much revealed that I was not as naive as I had made myself out to be (as preying on the naive and desperate seems to be his one and only skill, certainly not hair restoration surgery). Here is the final e-mail that I sent to them (to which I got no reply):

Thank you for your reply,

After doing some research and corresponding with other hair loss patients on various forums, I have decided to hold off on hair transplantation for now. Having contacted doctors from The Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and also other patients, they have all advised me to do thorough research for at least a year before making a final decision on hair transplantation and the doctor I wish to go with. They also advised that I speak to former patients in person of any doctor that I am considering for surgery, provided the patient themselves agree. Can Dr. Kiely put me in touch with any of his patients (with their consent of course)?

Once again, many thanks for your reply. I hope to hear from you soon.

Now here's the thing, they were more than quick to reply when I expressed interest in going to THEIR clinic. Yet when I asked if it would be possible to speak to some of their patients they suddenly went silent. As we all know, any good doctor will advise you to do exactly what I mentioned in the above e-mail and actively encourage you to see their patients in the flesh. Seems to me that they have a lot to hide, more than I initially thought.

Greetings my fellow follically challenged brethren,

I wasn't going to post this on the forum as it was just something I did for the fun of it. But then I figured, why not? I'm sure some of the guys will enjoy reading it (and it may even enlighten some new and unwary members).

Recently I decided to undertake a little 'experiment', partly to use the knowledge I have gained from this website to catch out a cowboy of this industry, and partly for my own amusement (but more so for my amusement I have to admit) icon_biggrin.gif

Some of you who know me on this forum will know that I am an outspoken critic of Dr. Conor Kiely and his track record for shoddy work with a long line of unsatisfied patients (not to mention his dishonest advertising).

So, under an alias I decided to e-mail his clinic as a supposed 'uneducated' patient who was interested in having hair transplantation but who had little to no knowledge of hair transplantation, it's practitioners, risks, benefits etc (which is exactly what I was when I first encountered Dr. Kiely). Almost immediately, his secretary e-mailed me back explaining how the clinic works only with the strip method (or as they called it the 'Gold Standard' in hair restoration), what the strip method is, how great their clinic and Dr. Kiely is etc. But here was the point of my 'experiment', to see what they would say when I pretty much revealed that I was not as naive as I had made myself out to be (as preying on the naive and desperate seems to be his one and only skill, certainly not hair restoration surgery). Here is the final e-mail that I sent to them (to which I got no reply):

Thank you for your reply,

After doing some research and corresponding with other hair loss patients on various forums, I have decided to hold off on hair transplantation for now. Having contacted doctors from The Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and also other patients, they have all advised me to do thorough research for at least a year before making a final decision on hair transplantation and the doctor I wish to go with. They also advised that I speak to former patients in person of any doctor that I am considering for surgery, provided the patient themselves agree. Can Dr. Kiely put me in touch with any of his patients (with their consent of course)?

Once again, many thanks for your reply. I hope to hear from you soon.

Now here's the thing, they were more than quick to reply when I expressed interest in going to THEIR clinic. Yet when I asked if it would be possible to speak to some of their patients they suddenly went silent. As we all know, any good doctor will advise you to do exactly what I mentioned in the above e-mail and actively encourage you to see their patients in the flesh. Seems to me that they have a lot to hide, more than I initially thought.