Propecia and Pregnancy

forlife

If your wife is pregnant and the husband decides to take propecia. Is it dangerous to have the propecia pills in the house. I have seen some posting in here say the pills should be no where near a pregnant woman. should I keep them stored away from her or not even bring them in the house?? Just a little confused and concerned!!

If your wife is pregnant and the husband decides to take propecia. Is it dangerous to have the propecia pills in the house. I have seen some posting in here say the pills should be no where near a pregnant woman. should I keep them stored away from her or not even bring them in the house?? Just a little confused and concerned!!

forlife,

It is my understanding that a pregnant woman should never handle broken Propecia, Proscar, or any medication with Finasteride (the active ingredient) in them. I say any medication because I know many visitors to the forums use foreign pharmaceutical companies for their generic brands.

I have read that a pregnant woman handling these tablets can possibly cause harm to the male genitals of the fetus. Of course, a physician can go much more into detail about this than I can.

I live with two female roommates. Even though neither on of them is pregnant or expecting to be, I keep my Finasteride (In the form of Proscar) safely tucked away in a drawer in my office. That way there can never be a possible "mix-up" in medications in the medicine cabinet. If you are concerned at this possibility, then perhaps you could keep the medication at work? I do not think simply having the medication in the house would be an endangerment, however. As long as you keep it away from her, it is my opinion that she will be fine.

I hope this helps.

-Robert

------------------------------

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questons.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog