New to Rogaine

jnel24

Hi,

I have been on Propecia for about 3 years and have had 3 HT's just in the front. My crown area is pretty bad. My HT doctor suggested that I start rogain too. I couple of questions: Does it matter if you apply on wet or dry hair? My doctor said to use it in the frontal area as well even tho it hasn't been tested there. Does anyone do this and had results? Also I ordered the Rogaine applicator from regrow.com has anyone heard or used it and does it really help?

Thanks,

New to this Site

Hi,

I have been on Propecia for about 3 years and have had 3 HT's just in the front. My crown area is pretty bad. My HT doctor suggested that I start rogain too. I couple of questions: Does it matter if you apply on wet or dry hair? My doctor said to use it in the frontal area as well even tho it hasn't been tested there. Does anyone do this and had results? Also I ordered the Rogaine applicator from regrow.com has anyone heard or used it and does it really help?

Thanks,

New to this Site

Some people say that applying Minoxidil to a hydrated scalp will help with absorbtion.

To do that, apply after a shower. You'd towel dry your hair, then about 10-15 minutes later apply the Minoxidil. You don't want the scalp to actually be wet, because that would dilute the Minoxidil (your hair could still be a little bit damp I guess). Somehow your skin retains water for a little while (think of the "prune" effect on your fingertips if you spend too long in a hot bath). And somehow that helps the Minoxidil absorb better.

If you can't manage to apply Minoxidil when your scalp is hydrated, just apply it whenever it's convenient. Supposedly even once a day is better than nothing.

Your doctor probably told you to apply it to your hairline too, to hopefully help prevent more hair loss.