What happens with the smaller "native" hair after transplantion?

Hello guys, 

So do transplantated grafts kill smaller native hair wich was growing there before? Or will they grow together? 

What would happen if I remove the grafts. Would my native hair come back again or is this not possible, because the skin was damaged? 

I'm female, 30 years old, just asking

Permanent shock loss is pretty rare. Those hairs may have already been on their way out. Native hair will not grow back once lost. 
In the case of Females then the loss pattern is different to us guys. What type of loss do you have?

Welcome to the forum 😀

Dear John, thank you for answering :)

Well its difficult to say which type of loss I have. Doctors said nw2. I lost my hair 4 jears ago after I stopped taken the anti baby pill, colored my hair often, working at night, a lot of things came together. My body got confused. I got confused. From there on I tried to do everything to safe my hair but there was nearly no change. So I did this radical way. 

Well but this Sommer a wonder was happening. My hair came back growing faster and thicker. But somehow I missed to cancel the transplantion. I didn't want to loose my money and I thought this transplantion is the only way for a long time. 

No I just feel like I should have given them more time. 

So stupid

My fue with 2100 grafts is now 10 weeks ago. 

Edited by Frida

No I don’t think you will lose your native hairs. Just the long wait now until growth starts at about 4 months.

my first ht was about a decade ago 😀I have had 5 so far. Luckily for ladies they can get one and that’s enough. Our hair loss is far more severe. 

Wow 5? So it's getting to a routine for you. This is why you are so relaxed :D well if you really love your hair go for it :) where did you do your hts? In the UK? 

Well in February I will meet the doctor again and I want to talk to him hin about my situation and my mindtroubles. He will think im totally crazy, and maybe I am :D

Females can also experience genetic related hair loss and most of the time the loss is a thinning pattern...look up the Ludwig pattern of female loss scale.

Native hair usually does grow back if it is shocked out from a HT procedure as long as the hair is not in an advanced diffused state.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It feels so difficult for me to apologize this mistake. Still thinking about how to make it all undone. If it's possible that my native hair comes back again and the scars aren't too bad. My recipient area feels still numb and is very red. Does my sensitivity comes back as it used to be in this area? 

So here are some picture of the worst time and now. 

Screenshot_20201113_231546.jpg

Screenshot_20201113_231506.jpg

IMG_20201109_213350.jpg

IMG_20201109_120013.jpg

IMG_20201111_172602.jpg

• Like 1

Frida,

The post-op redness is usually attributable to the trauma in the recipient area and also the increased blood flow to the area that denotes a healing process is taking place.

The numbness is the result of countless nerves that get severed but as John stated, the numbness should dissipate and the nerve endings do heal with time.

Just to add, I do see some temporal lobe thinning and generalized thinning which is typical with Female Pattern Hair Loss.

Did you get a chance to look up the Ludwig scale for female hair loss?

Also, Rogaine for women can potentially stimulate some new growth in the thinning areas but it can also induce some additional thinning before things thicken up.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hopefully things went well.

• Like 2

Gillenator

How many grafts are you planning and     will it be a FUHT procedure?

Ideally, the grafts will be placed to cover the recessionary loss in areas such as the center of your hairline and the temporal lobes...once the new hair grows to length, it should provide good visual coverage.

Gillenator