Is Growth Slower After A 2nd HT As Compared to 1st

Does it take longer for transplanted hair to grow and thicken after a second hair transplant as compared to the growth time-line after a first transplant?

For those of you who have had two or more transplants, what has been your experience as far as the growth time-line after your second or third transplant as compared to your first?

The reason I ask is because I have had two transplants. My second was about 8 months ago (about 1500 grafts in front and 1000 in crown). It could be my imagination but it seems as if the growth and thickening from my second is coming slower than it did after my first (2500 grafts only in front).

I do not mean to imply that I am not seeing any growth or thickening. To the contrary, I am seeing improvement. My hair is looking thicker and fuller but it does not seem to be coming in on the same time-line as it did after my first. To illustrate what I mean: I recently got a hair cut and my barber (who knows I had a HT) commented that the grafts I had transplanted in my crown at my second HT about 8 months ago are now about 3/4 of an inch long and sticking straight up. After my first HT at the 8 months mark, all of my grafts had grown in and my transplanted hair was several inches long.

I realize that growth times vary widely from person to person but has anyone experienced slower or delayed growth after their second HT as compared with their first? At what month did you notice the most improvement after your second HT? I am a little concerned and I am worried that my second may not turn out as successful as my first - unless the slower growth time-line is normal. Any thoughts?

Does it take longer for transplanted hair to grow and thicken after a second hair transplant as compared to the growth time-line after a first transplant?

For those of you who have had two or more transplants, what has been your experience as far as the growth time-line after your second or third transplant as compared to your first?

The reason I ask is because I have had two transplants. My second was about 8 months ago (about 1500 grafts in front and 1000 in crown). It could be my imagination but it seems as if the growth and thickening from my second is coming slower than it did after my first (2500 grafts only in front).

I do not mean to imply that I am not seeing any growth or thickening. To the contrary, I am seeing improvement. My hair is looking thicker and fuller but it does not seem to be coming in on the same time-line as it did after my first. To illustrate what I mean: I recently got a hair cut and my barber (who knows I had a HT) commented that the grafts I had transplanted in my crown at my second HT about 8 months ago are now about 3/4 of an inch long and sticking straight up. After my first HT at the 8 months mark, all of my grafts had grown in and my transplanted hair was several inches long.

I realize that growth times vary widely from person to person but has anyone experienced slower or delayed growth after their second HT as compared with their first? At what month did you notice the most improvement after your second HT? I am a little concerned and I am worried that my second may not turn out as successful as my first - unless the slower growth time-line is normal. Any thoughts?

Guest wanthairs

My second transplant grew just as fast as the first one, however, it is well known that crowns usually take much longer to grow than the rest of the head, sometimes up to twice as long, so dont worry.