Hair density after Transplant

Hi, I am on 20th day after my 4000 grafts FUE Pen method Hair Transplant and little bit of shedding has been observed. I can see lot of my grafts are not grown fully, like they seems thin even if my donor grafts were healthy. In some multiple follicle grafts, I can see only single hairs are growing fast. Is this expected? Do these grafts will grow with its expected thickness and density after shedding phase? There will be any major difference in thickness comparing this 20th day and let's say after 5-6 months? 

IMG_20200719_124410__01.jpg

Edited by Basim Sherif

• Moderators

Most of them will fall out. Some of them most likely have already fallen out at 20 days, so you can't look at the density you see right now and determine that's how it will look. However it will be thinner than the rest of your hair. Once you get growth and are able to let it grow to some length it will cover much better and blend better with the rest of your hair than it does when it's very short.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Most of them will fall out. Some of them most likely have already fallen out at 20 days, so you can't look at the density you see right now and determine that's how it will look. However it will be thinner than the rest of your hair. Once you get growth and are able to let it grow to some length it will cover much better and blend better with the rest of your hair than it does when it's very short.

Thank you. Much relieved :)