Canditate for HT 5A or 6

Compliments for forum. I'm a new member so I have some question to be made. I see myself as candidate for HT between 5A and 6.

1. I do shave my head and looks qite OK. But i will be happy if I do have chance to put long hair sometimes. Is any chances that HT will not be sucsessfull the way I want?If not, can I shave my hair and scart not to be seen?

2. How much months is between each season if I do HT to get my desire look?

3. If there is not enought donation hair, what the solution will be to get better look?

Before few year I did consulted one HT doctor. he advised me to do scarp reduction. Is that advisable?

Thank you a lot

Compliments for forum. I'm a new member so I have some question to be made. I see myself as candidate for HT between 5A and 6.

1. I do shave my head and looks qite OK. But i will be happy if I do have chance to put long hair sometimes. Is any chances that HT will not be sucsessfull the way I want?If not, can I shave my hair and scart not to be seen?

2. How much months is between each season if I do HT to get my desire look?

3. If there is not enought donation hair, what the solution will be to get better look?

Before few year I did consulted one HT doctor. he advised me to do scarp reduction. Is that advisable?

Thank you a lot

Welcome to the board.

Posting some pictures would help people reply.

If you have a HT than their may be a visable scar left so shaving your head would not be as easy. Strip and fue are too different methods. Fue reportedly does not leave much of a scar but some people say the results are not as good with fue. You have come to the right place to do your research. It is a huge decision so ask as many questions as you can. I do not know much about scalp reductions so I'm sorry I can not answer that question.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

share with us some pictures.

1-With a good doctor, risk of unsuccessful HT is much reduce. The point is to discuss your expectation with your doctor. You will have scar, with some luck and in the hands of a good doctor, scar will be minimal. You may have short hair, but not shaven

2-Due to the level of hair loss, you may only need one session. If 2 is required, it is generally good to wait at least 1.5 year to see the full growth of the first session.

3-you will probably not have enough donor. Good planning with a doctor is required to optimize use of grafts.

Scalp reduction is rarely used nowadays, only in very rare circumstances, such as burn victims.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

you will probably not have enough donor. Good planning with a doctor is required to optimize use of grafts.

There's plenty of guys who would disagree with that statement. However, it all comes down to expectations. If you expect to look like you did when you were 18 then you probably don't have enough donor hair. However, if you expect to make a significant cosmetic difference to your appearance then that is possible with normal amounts of donor hair. In this scenario someone might perhaps expect some thinning in the crown and would probably want to leave some hair in reserve for possible future loss. They would also look into meds.